New Tourney Rules

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

See that the new touney rules are available, pitty that they still have that silly rule in where the competition can end after the second game  

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Only the airbourne transport will be in this tourny. Axis and Allies can still breathe easily.

But this is interesting:

SSU Commissars

The Derzhavin
The Fonvizin
The Karamzin
The Sumarokov
The Trediakovsky

I guess these are the individual commissars? Boy it's going to be impossible to keep up with these Russian names…

#3 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Major Mishap said:

See that the new touney rules are available, pitty that they still have that silly rule in where the competition can end after the second game  

That is not possible, In a Swiss Seat tournament all the people that win in the first round will be paired up with other winners and so on, so in an 8 man tourney round 1 would be random round 2 would have round 1 winners vs round 1 winners,  round 3 would pair up the the 2 with 2 wins with each other. and then there will be 1 undefeated player after 3 round and +1 round for every doubling of players. 

#4 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Also The Rules Say:

Players are free to choose either side of a tile, as long as it does not include a
triangle (water) square.

But the only tiles in the set without water are the Snowy tiles and the Urban tiles dose it really make a difference where they get placed or am I missing something? Also last year FFG supplied the tile will they do it this year too?

#5 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

yes,

thinking that you have to bring your own, or that you'll be seting up your own borad every round is alil silly, if for no other reason then time restraints.

#6 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Those boards would probably take up your entire weight allowance if flying.

#7 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Major Mishap said:

Those boards would probably take up your entire weight allowance if flying.

I would think that plenty of players are planning to fly from around the US, so yes that could be a problem.
What is the carry-on weight limit for US domestic flights?

#8 OptimusPrime21

OptimusPrime21

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

One tile pack is not too bad. But I will be driving. I took out the core tiles and Expansions becuase I think we are only going to play the new tournament rules for now on.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS