Sydney Talisman Group

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hannah

Hannah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi, I only just found this forum, so please forgive me and point me straight if I am doing this incorrectly.

I absolutely love Talisman, and I own the revised 4th edition and some of the expansions. My family and I used to love playing it quite often, but they got tired of it, so now I struggle to find people to play with.

I am from Sydney, Australia, and I am wondering if there are any other Sydney talisman fans here? Maybe even an already existing group? If there are players but no group I may even start my own group because I am desperate to play it regularly.

#2 natstar

natstar

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

I live in western Australia so i cannot really help you out but some places that sell board games have a area where customers can play games with each other.

You can also play the game by yourself when no one else wants to because i did that before i started playing with my family/friends again because i had not played the game in more than 10 years so it was a good way to get practice in plus i do it to try out different characters also my parents got the 2nd edition when i was only a little kid but now i am 26 year old!

This is mainly a US/Europe based website however you only need to find 1 person because you can play the game as a 2 player game which i find more fun because extra players just feed people playing characters like the thief.

In the future they will most likely have a online/mobile phone app version of the game because the game has been getting popular again because a lot of new people have been getting into it because it's a cheap challenging game to play!

Another way to get your friends/family back into the game is by ordering the expansions from this website i got them all in one go because lucky for me i waited for the werewolf expansion to come out first they sent them all in 1 big box so i did not have to wait for them to come one after the other it's boring playing the exact same game over and over so this changes it plus you get new characters to play with!

I suggest saving up some money and getting them all in 1 go because it's easier to just wait for 1 big box full of them than doing 1 at a time also it only took like 8 days for me to get it and it came from the US!

I am reusing the box they all came in to store the game boxes in as well and it ends up working out cheaper on the shipping cost if you get them in 1 go if you only buy one at a time the shipping cost would be a lot more.

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/showproducts.cfm?FullCat=118

#3 Hannah

Hannah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

thanks for answering natstar!

This is the only talisman forum I've found, so even though I know it's not really Australia based, I am still hoping for someone in Sydney! If anyone knows any other forums I can try, please let me know. I'll have to have a look at local shops too, as you suggested natstar.

I have some expansions already, and they didn't excite my family unfortunately. If this doesn't work out, I'll just invite friends over a few at a time to play and see if any of them are hooked by it.

I've never played it by myself - I'm not sure it sounds that fun on my own. Though I do love looking through all the cards and characters and making up my own. :)

#4 zorroopium

zorroopium

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hello Hannah, I am living in Sydney and I am a fan of Talisman. But unfortunatly I only got dayoff on Wed and Sunday so that I can never group enough people to play my games(I got Citadels and Games of Thrones too btw). I dont konw any forums in AU so far I am sorry but I konw there is a games shop on Pitt st. in CBD. The name is Games Paradise. I hope that may help you a little.

#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hello hello, I live in Sydney I belong to a gaming group but alas no-one really wants to play Talisman there (dispite my efforts :() I am very keen to get a group together ethier at my gaming group or another place.

PM me and we can discuss it further. Sydney is a big place (for australia) I live west of Sydney to give you a idea.

I have EVERYTHING in Talisman sets :).

#6 Hannah

Hannah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Wow I totally stopped checking this, until Uvatha kindly messaged me - thank you!

I'm really happy that you both are interested. I actually found a group on Meetup.com - Game Lovers for people meeting to play board games - and I have organised a get-together for playing talisman this sunday afternoon! I'll put the link here and you guys can check it out. I have 4 people coming - I'm so happy. :) I live in the inner west ( Dulwich Hill) and I'll be emailing people my address closer to the weekend once they've RSVPed - it's real easy to join the Game Lovers group and RSVP. I'd love for either of you to come! Here's the link:

www.meetup.com/Game-Lovers/events/71907182

#7 Philbar

Philbar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hi, I am a first time user long time reader of this forum. I live in perth western Australia and am looking for players to form a group to play on a weekly or fortnightly bases. Any suggestions on where to find or form a group as I am wearing my kids out playing this fantastic game.

Philbar

#8 Hannah

Hannah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Phil, have you tried asking Natstar (who was the first to reply to this thread) - they're in WA too :)

Also, you might want to look for a gaming group in your area on meetup.com - I'm playing with a sydney group called Game Lovers. Maybe there's one in perth too? I just had a quick look for you, and you might want to try Perth RPG: www.meetup.com/PerthRPG   because they are "keen to help people find others to board game" with. So that might be a good place to start for you!

#9 ThisMaySuffocate

ThisMaySuffocate

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

I'm in Perth and own Talisman, and want a group to play with too.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS