Orkses can't count

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danayel

Danayel

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Another confusing paragraph was the initial count off of the Ork defenders at the refinery. (emphasis mine)

"There are eight Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by a Nob (see page 239) and five Gretchin led by a Runtherd (see page 240) defending the facility. One Ork is assigned to each of the nine watchtowers at all times. The remaining twenty-one Slugga Boys…The Nob rests in the Living Quarters at night and bosses around on the remaining Orks during the day time."

How do we get  (8 boys + 1 nob + 5 Grots + Runtherd) - 9 Boys (in towers) = 21 Boys

By the initial count there is actually -1 boys in the towers….

Should it perhaps be….

"There are thirty Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by…"

#2 Danayel

Danayel

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

This is all on page 257 btw.

#3 HTMC

HTMC

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Danayel said:

Another confusing paragraph was the initial count off of the Ork defenders at the refinery. (emphasis mine)

"There are eight Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by a Nob (see page 239) and five Gretchin led by a Runtherd (see page 240) defending the facility. One Ork is assigned to each of the nine watchtowers at all times. The remaining twenty-one Slugga Boys…The Nob rests in the Living Quarters at night and bosses around on the remaining Orks during the day time."

How do we get  (8 boys + 1 nob + 5 Grots + Runtherd) - 9 Boys (in towers) = 21 Boys

By the initial count there is actually -1 boys in the towers….

Should it perhaps be….

"There are thirty Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by…"

Math seems fine to me. The currently active squad is 8 Slugga Boyz, a Runtherd, and a Nob = 10 Orks. 

21 additional Boyz are not actively defending the walls, and goofing off within the camp, but presumably get occasionally subbed out for the active defenders. 

There are 9 towers, one for each of the active Orks, with the Nob supervising. Notice it says "One Ork is assigned to each watchtower," not "One Slugga Boy."

However, I guess it would be more clearly worded if it said 30 guarding the facility, but only 9 actively guarding the walls at any given time. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS