• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xan

Xan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hello everyone!

It's my first post in this forum so to the point ;)

There is a follower in The Blood Moon Expansion - Black Cat. Is it positive or negative follower? (In my country black cat is a symbol of bad luck). I'd be really grateful if someone of You could put here

a description of this Black Cat ;>

I'm just still waiting for my copy.

Regards,

Xan

#2 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hi,

it's negative Follower. Character must discard all of his fate, and may not replenish or gain it until during his turn he will roll "1" (discard the Cat).

Enter the Talisman Island!

#3 Xan

Xan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi Nemomon,

Thanks a lot for your answer (like always).

Reg,

Xan

#4 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

The Black Cat as /Negative/Follower is part of the tradition of the 2 or so "Unwanted Followers" like the Hag and the Poltergeist, and follows the style of American/European folklore that suggests Bad Luck when they "cross your path". It is a good balance to the many many other cool and helpful followers who can do something worthwhile for the player.

As I think about it, in many legends and tales Black Cats are usually the 'Familar' or an accomplice of sorts to Witches.

It might be cool to either have a house rule where if you are evil, the Black Cat, instead, gives you a Fate token, perhaps every time Night falls.

Alternatively this property or house rule could be used only for Evil *spell casters*

Alternatively, part 2, perhaps a future character or two could be a "Witch" (I know we have some as encounter cards, but don't think the title is used for any one character)) and to this character, the Black Cat can be taken by an encounter with someone who has it as a Follower, or similar device.

--- looks like I could ramble on a bit over the Black Cat!

-Oberon

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS