Photo

Missionaries in Starship Combat, actually this time.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 afterimagedan

afterimagedan

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

OK, hello forums. I am off to a rough start, I know. Here is my question for the 5th time. What is there for Missionaries to do in Starship combat? I know they have Triage but it seems very difficult to accomplish much with it. They generally don't have a high BS so they don't shoot the ship's weapons well. Also, from what I can tell, crew damage is really rare. Am I missing something?

#2 afterimagedan

afterimagedan

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Also, MODERATORS, please delete my other posts. Those were attempts to post from my phone and they didn't work so well.

#3 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Every point of damage to HI results in a point of Crew Population damage.

They work fairly well performing Disinformation in particular as well; although I've had Missionaries work a ship's guns, Hailed the enemy, gone around for Put Your Backs Into It and even (on one memorable occasion) take the helm to close for a boarding action (the action itself being carried out by the usual lead helmsman).

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

#4 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Put your backs into it is the best I think. Just imagine the priest to stroll down the gun deck, yelling at the top of his vox-amplified voice and exhorting the crew to load the guns faster so that the godless Xeno ship can be blown right into the warp.

I don't remember if and when the Missionary gets the command skill, but with that one he would also be an incredibly good boarding leader, smashing foes with his holy weapons and urging the boarding crew ever onwards.

#5 UberMutant

UberMutant

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

The group I GM has a missionary (who likes to carry a massive sniper rifle) and since he has the awesome perception he is the Scanner Officer and does all the detection of things.

When in a fighting situation he will often forget the sniper rifle (in fact I'm not sure if its ever been fired and the campaigns been going since january) and pull out his master crafted, tox dispensing chainsword and go nuts.

#6 ieatdeadpeople2

ieatdeadpeople2

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Missionaries get the medicae skill very early on and along with explorators can gain medicae +20 by rank 3 so triage is good.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon..."-Daenerys Targaryen

"I found my friends their in my head."-Kurt Cobain

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS