Chapter VI: Armoury

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 ffgMark

ffgMark

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

Please submit your proofreading suggestions for this chapter here.

#2 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Pg 125, Table 6-9 Ranged Weapon, under Solid projectile

Shotgun (Pump-Action) Basic 30m S/–/– 1d10+4 I 0 8 2 Full Scatter 5kg Average
Shotgun                            Basic 30m S/–/– 1d10+4 I 0 8 2 Full Scatter 5kg Average

I supposed the second Shotgun is the 2 shells capacity double-barrel shotgun as the previous editions.

Pg 125, Table 6-9 Ranged Weapon, under Las Weapons

Triplex Pattern Lasgun    Basic 100m S/– /– 1d10+3 E 0 60 Full — 4.5kg Rare

With the description on page 126, the information given comparred to the stats seems to be in contradiction (no reliable quality, no other shooting mode apart from S/-/-)

My 40k Campaigns page

http://Dark-heresy.wikispaces.com

#3 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

The description for Bullpup Lasgun is named 'Bullpup' instead of 'Bullpup Lasgun'.

#4 Kerrahn

Kerrahn

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I saw no line on pages 158 - 159 for the Baneblade's Co-axial Autocannon, even though they were mentioned specifically under the Co-axial descriptions earlier in the chapter

#5 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Good God you're right! The Co-Ax Autocannon profile is missing. How on Earth did I manage that?

I shall say 'Praise be to the Omnissah' 50 times in penance for my sins…

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#6 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Blind Grenade does 2d10X damage, I think it shouldn't do any damage…

Oh, and bring back Variable Settings for Lasguns…

#7 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

The Eviscerator has the "Razor Sharp" quality, but this is not described in the section for Weapon Special Qualities

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#8 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Darth Smeg said:

The Eviscerator has the "Razor Sharp" quality, but this is not described in the section for Weapon Special Qualities

I think they added the info in the last paragraph of the weapon's description (it should be at the top of the follow page)  just that it doesnT' cleary states that is the razor sharp quality (that +1 to crit damage)

My 40k Campaigns page

#9 Durandal7

Durandal7

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

Pg 127 Hot-shot Laspistol & Lasgun (Lucius Pattern) description.

Line 2 "Hellpistol." should be "Hot-shot Laspistol."

Line 5 "Hellguns…" should be "Hot-shot Lasguns…".

In addition. Pg 54, Ogryn fluff, reference is made to a "Ripper Saw" but no mention is made in the Armoury, is this intentional?

+++DEATHWATCH POWER CARDS FOR ALL YOUR SQUAD/SOLO AND PSYCHIC POWER NEEDS!+++

+++Is up to and including First Founding+++

#10 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

I think the B.O.N.E. Head Implant should be in the Main Book

#11 Durandal7

Durandal7

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

Pg 125 Table 6-9

Battle Cannon, Demolisher Cannon and Vanquisher Battle Cannons having a Clip size makes no sense at all, let alone a clip of 12 for the Battle Cannon.

Considering a tank cannon is an artillery gun mounted in a turret that is put on top of a tank chassis, (more or less) they should have the Clip size of 1 as per the Earthshaker Cannon (and in line with all sensibility).

If these changes are made, an appropriate change to reload time, I think, would be sensible as well. Say, a Full Action to reload each of the cannons?

#12 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Durandal7 said:

Pg 125 Table 6-9

Battle Cannon, Demolisher Cannon and Vanquisher Battle Cannons having a Clip size makes no sense at all, let alone a clip of 12 for the Battle Cannon.

Considering a tank cannon is an artillery gun mounted in a turret that is put on top of a tank chassis, (more or less) they should have the Clip size of 1 as per the Earthshaker Cannon (and in line with all sensibility).

If these changes are made, an appropriate change to reload time, I think, would be sensible as well. Say, a Full Action to reload each of the cannons?

I thought that clip size was the shell amount in the tanks' munition locker..which in itself, is rather a low number.

My 40k Campaigns page

#13 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

I agree. The Battlecannon/Demolisher Cannon/Vanquisher Cannon/Baneblade Cannon should not have clips. They should be Clip 1; Reload 1/2 Action.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#14 Durandal7

Durandal7

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

Pg 131 Minefield Round description. How large an area does it cover with sub-munitions?

#15 Durandal7

Durandal7

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

I agree. The Battlecannon/Demolisher Cannon/Vanquisher Cannon/Baneblade Cannon should not have clips. They should be Clip 1; Reload 1/2 Action.

BYE

I'm not sure 1/2 Action is reasonable, I have been lead to believe it takes somewhere in the region of 4-6 seconds to reload a tank gun.

Regarding their total capacity, Braddoc, I'll check my Imperial Armour book, but I think it lies somewhere around the 12-18 mark. Tank shells are big!

#16 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

You're right!
It should be a Full Action. Then Rapid Reload has a point when inside a tank, and doesn't make reloads into a Free Action ().

BYE

#17 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

i guess they might be for 40k, I just looked over the M1 Abrams tank; seems like they're hauling 42 rounds for their main cannon…of course keeping in mind that in 40k everything is BIGGER, I still find 12 shells a bit on the low, I would double it at least.

My 40k Campaigns page

#18 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

A WW2 Sherman Tank carried 55 or 90 shells.
According to the Lexicanum it carries 40 Shells

#19 Durandal7

Durandal7

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

You're right!
It should be a Full Action. Then Rapid Reload has a point when inside a tank, and doesn't make reloads into a Free Action ().

BYE

Gadzooks! I hadn't thought of that! It works so well it's almost as though we planned it!….On purpose!….

Braddoc, Santiago; Having consulted Imperial Armour Vol 1: Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, I must concur that the loadout for a Leman Russ Battle Tank is indeed, 40 shells.

#20 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

All righty then.

Page 118, Table 6–5: Random Issue Gear

96–100 A case of 24 servings of High Provender.  High Provender is not listed anywhere.

Page 136, under ' Modified Stock'

When a character takes an Aim Action with weapons
modi?ed in this way, he receives an additional +2 bonus on
a Half Action or an additional +4 bonus for a Full Action.

I suppose it is either more damage, or +20/+40 aiming bonus.

My 40k Campaigns page

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS