Quick question about after completing a task

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shattering

shattering

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

My question: After completing a task, do you have to re-roll the dice or is it ok to fail the adventure right after that?

It happened in a game yesterday. So a monster was holding my yellow dice and it was on an adventure where it was impossible to clear (it needs 8 dice so I need to unlock the yellow dice first) So I decided to just kill the monster to get my dice back and quickly fail the adventure. The problem was, there was a terror effect on the adventure card and I don't want to roll an impossible adventure just to get the terror effect.

Thanks

#2 xris

xris

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

shattering said:

My question: After completing a task, do you have to re-roll the dice or is it ok to fail the adventure right after that?

It happened in a game yesterday. So a monster was holding my yellow dice and it was on an adventure where it was impossible to clear (it needs 8 dice so I need to unlock the yellow dice first) So I decided to just kill the monster to get my dice back and quickly fail the adventure. The problem was, there was a terror effect on the adventure card and I don't want to roll an impossible adventure just to get the terror effect.

Well, the rules tell us…

Regardless of whether or not the active player resolved any
Terror effects, he must then do one of the following:

1. Attempt again to complete a task.
2. Fail to resolve the Adventure card.

This seems to suggest you have a choice, i.e. you can decide to make another attempt or you decide that you have failed.

So I would say in your case you can decide to fail the Adventure if you so wish.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS