Is there any GM who have figured out a quick formula for converting, on the fly while playing a 2nd ed scenario, the test difficulty from 2nd to 3rd? I had a quick look at it this morning, using the Warhammer FRPG Dice Statistics V1.2 Excel doc that someone created (not sure who, but thank you!).
My assymptions are:
- In WFRP 2nd ed: Average human with a characteristic at 30% and trained once, since it's only way to attempt a skill check without suffering from dividing your char in half
- In WFRP 3rd ed: Average human with a 3 blue dices characteristic and trained once with 1 expertise die
- I attempted to get the same change of success, ignoring boon, bane, chaos star or sigmar's comet
WFRP2 Trained -> WFRP3 Trained Conversion
- Very Easy (+30%) -> Easy (1d)
- Easy (+20% -> Average (2d)
- Routine (+10%) -> Average (2d) + 1 Misfortune
- Average (0%) -> Hard (3d)
- Challenging (-10%) -> Dauting (4d)
- Hard (-20%) -> Epic (5d)
- Very Hard (-30%) -> Impossible (7d)
Of course, you don't have to be trained in WFRP3 to attempt a skill check, in which case your chance of success would be less (~ -10% less).
What do you guys think, does anyone have a better way to do this? (Most probably since It took me just 5 min to put that together and I haven't given it much thoughts).