Maybe a bit mutch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AnthonyVahle

AnthonyVahle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Now this is just a question, but does the combination of a good quality cyberbrain implant (i forget the name but the one that gives you (+2) unnatural Int and a plus 20 to Lore and Logic tests) seem a tad overpowered when combined with infused knowledge? do you get the bonus of the brain to the lores you get through Infused Knowledge or do you have to have purchased the lores to actually recieve the plus 20? thoughts?

#2 Reverend mort

Reverend mort

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

It stacks, I'd say. And, with that unnatural Int, you gains another Degree of success on a success. And with Infused Knowledge, another one again.

That said, Infused Knowledge only grants Scholastic and Common lores. You might know the intricacies of Administratum Practices, but you're no closer to knowing anything about Aliens, Sorcerery, Psykers or Daemons. Aka the major lores.

#3 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

A good quality cortex implant (I think it's named differently in BC, but that's how it was called in previous games, so I'm rolling with it) isn't exactly easy to get. It grants considerable bonuses, but not everyone cherishes the thought of having metal and tubes sticking out of their skulls. All in all, it's fine in my book.

If you think it's bad now, you should have seen it when it gave Unnatural Intelligence x2 (i.e. you took your natural Int bonus and multiplied it - worked brilliantly with all the Talents that had numerical values dependent on Int bonus, like Combat Formation and Weapon Tech) and by virtue of it, also reduced the difficulty of all Int tests by one degree.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#4 AnthonyVahle

AnthonyVahle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks guys :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS