4 replies to this topic

#1 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hi folks!

I just played the Gypsy last night… cool character! Have a question, though:

Her fortelling ability allows her to declare herself 'immune' to events drawn by anyone. My opponent drew an event (I don't remember the name) that forced him to move to my space and attack me. Does fortelling prevent this? We reasoned that it doesn't, as he was the only one being moved by the event and the attack was only that - an attack. But I'd like to know for sure, because I wouldn't mind playing that character again! :)

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#2 natstar

natstar

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

It's only your character that has it unless they're playing the same character or pick up a item/have a spell that gives them the same ability!

#3 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

I do know that, but I'm wondering if he would have been able to attack the Gypsy, since the attack was the result of an Event, and the Gypsy can choose to be unaffected by other peoples' Events (apologies if I was unclear).

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

I do know that, but I'm wondering if he would have been able to attack the Gypsy, since the attack was the result of an Event, and the Gypsy can choose to be unaffected by other peoples' Events (apologies if I was unclear).

If another player has to attack the Gypsy due to the Event "Howl of the Wendigo", the Gypsy has no say in the matter as the Event is forcing the other character to attack her! However if the Gypsy wins the attack, she does not have to take a life as her reward!

Ell.

#5 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Ah, thank you.

I don't think that was the actual Event (whichever Event it was will have come from Base, Reaper, Dungeon, or Pool), but it sounds like the same type of thing. Thanks again! 

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS