• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hi.

I'm a great fan of Battlestar Galactica The Board Game. The majority of the time though, me and my wife play the 2 player variant.

I was wondering if the expansions are able to be played as a 2 player variant? I'm more than likely going to pick up the expansion packs anyway for when there are more of us. It's just that I might pick them up sooner rather than later if the 2 player is available.

#2 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Interesting…I've been tempted to introduce my roommate to the 2 player variant, but I think the general assumption around here has been that it's probably only barely playable.  

The expansions should work, on the whole.  You won't be able to use the Cylon Leaders from Pegasus, but no big loss there.  And Conflicted Loyalties from the Exodus expansion might be a little tricky; it includes both Final Five cards (these hurt you for looking at another player's loyalty card, which should be interesting, assuming Baltar's ability (for example) comes up much in your games), and Personal Goals (which lose a resource at the end of the game if you haven't met a given condition; the problem is that when you do succeed at a goal, you draw a new loyalty card to replace it, so you might want to skip that part, or just leave these cards out).

Likewise, the alternate endgames from each expansion should only present minor problems.  There's a known exploit or two in the New Caprica ending from Pegasus, which would probably be even more severe with two players, but it shouldn't be hard to come to an understanding about that.  The Ionian Nebula from Exodus might actually be better with only two players, though you might want to play without the "Strange Music" card.

#3 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks!

So they can be played 2 player, that is great.

I think I'll buy the Pegasus expansion first and we'll play a few games, then buy Exodus.

#4 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

I bought both of the expansions in the end. Can't wait to play! :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS