Photo

Is it possible to play with more than 5 players?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dalkilthur

dalkilthur

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hi everyone!
First, this game is awesome!!!

I'd like to know if it is possible to have more than 4 players as investigators, for example 5 or 6. How could it be done?

Thank you very much in advance.

#2 Loht

Loht

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hello. Well in the rules it explicit says 1 to 4 investigators. And this balance is keept by the gain of threat.

From my short experience in this game , there are some scenarious that work better with 1 or 2 investigators wile others work better with 3 or 4. I dont belive the game was tested with 5 or more investigators, but one can assume that its possible, just get threat tokens acording with the number of investigators. My guess is that like i said, its going to depend on the setting you play and the team of players you have. 

There is no harm in trying, explain yourplayers first that its a test and give it a go, and then come here and tell us how was it 

#3 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

playing with 5 investigators works out well but lower the soft atmosphere. If you decide to play with 5 or more, I'd recommend scenarios with monsters (ie Inner Sanctum type) instead of mystery driven scenarios.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#4 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Agreed. I have ran a couple games with five, and one or two games with even six investigators. Very do-able and doesn't affect the gameplay much. Investigator players should acknowledge though that exploration and found items will be limited so people may want to bare that in mind as well the extra threat per extra player.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS