Is it me or this game is AWESOME!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Ok…first of all, before buying this game last friday and painting everything that was in dull grey plastinc in the box, I already had played 2 games as Investigator and 1 as Keeper.  This game was striking me as a "You have to play with the right people to enjoy it the most" game.

Simply put, tonight I play with my bro as Keeper and me as the Investigators.  I decided to play with 2 characters, Joe Diamond and Harvey Walters.

I remember having issues with someone when I last played as Keeper and that just killed the fun of MoM for me.  But last firday, while I was at my FLGS, I decided to buy it and enjoy it with gamers I know won't argue and just enjoy a good game.

Well, let me tell you that tonight was simply awesome (first scenario, Objective 1B selected from the Keeper).  Great game, fluid, fun, frightening, amazing.  We had so much fun and if it wasn't for the 2 of us owrking tomorrow, we would have played the second scenario.  Add painted minis to all that and you're sure to have an amazing formula.

Even though it was already posted many time, I just wanted to share an amazing evening plkaying an amazing and immersive game.  Please keep sending love to MoM (pun intended?!??!), it deserve it a lot more than many other games.  I know you had issues with the 1st printing and Forbidden Alchemy and why don't you learn from that and keep on releasing good expansions and POD so that we can still show you our support in this outstanding board game.

Peace, love and good night!

#2 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

This game is awesome, for me the best in Lovecraft's  universe made by FFG.

#3 GalaxyUC

GalaxyUC

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

It IS pretty awesome! It's my Fav. FFG Boardgame. I used to have Arkham, but I like the zoomed in aspect of MoM. A superior game of story telling and so many RPG elements that make it great.

#4 RobbertDG

RobbertDG

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Love the game! The atmosphere is great, never imagined that a board game had the ability to really set that lovecraftian feeling.

Currently my group and I are working on some tweaks to make it even more interesting. One successful tweak is the removal of the cards on the board, that way the investigators have to really listen to the clues and it has a bit more exploration to it. It is harder for the keeper, not in gameplay, but in setting up and following up. It is very important that the keeper keeps track on where the investigators already searched and what choices he made. If not, this tweak could ruin the story. Never happened with our group.
We are currently testing a next alteration.

Grts

Robbert DG

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

Yesterday evening we managed to play 2 games in a row, Scenario #2 and #3 from the Core set, with me playing 3 investigators in both scenarios.

Awesomely great and stressful game until the last turn!  I managed to win the scenario #2 with one good move.  Scenario #3 ended with a stalemate when the Keeper managed to kill all my last Investigator, just before I could complete the Elder Sign puzzle #9!!!!!!  That was one cool ending!

We used the "house rule" that when an Investigator is insane he automatically fails horror tests, no rolls allowed.  We find that was thematically fitting, gave more options to the Keeper and more stressfull decisions and moments for the Investigators.  Didn't break the game really but simply added some Lovecraftian flavor :)

Next week we're gonna try Scenario #4, which I heard was to avoid by all emans.  But we're too curious to see why most comments about it are that negative.  We just hope it'll no kill the fun out of the game.

BTW, which objective would be the best for this scenario?

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

SolennelBern said:

Scenario #3 ended with a stalemate when the Keeper managed to kill all my last Investigator, just before I could complete the Elder Sign puzzle #9!!!!!!  That was one cool ending!

If the Keeper kills off all the investigators after the Objective has been revealed, Keeper wins. Most of my wins seem to come from TPK (total party kill).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#7 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Dam said:

SolennelBern said:

Scenario #3 ended with a stalemate when the Keeper managed to kill all my last Investigator, just before I could complete the Elder Sign puzzle #9!!!!!!  That was one cool ending!

If the Keeper kills off all the investigators after the Objective has been revealed, Keeper wins. Most of my wins seem to come from TPK (total party kill).

Damn you're right, he won then! He'll be happy to hear that :P

#8 happykusinero

happykusinero

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

This is my first FFG board game and I am impressed, never played a board game like it :)

I loved the artwork and the concept, going inside a spooky mansion who is not going to love that.

This game also got me hooked with the stories of HP Lovecraft, so thanks.

#9 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

happykusinero said:

This is my first FFG board game and I am impressed, never played a board game like it :)

I loved the artwork and the concept, going inside a spooky mansion who is not going to love that.

Ditto. What he said.

#10 RobbertDG

RobbertDG

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

Tromdial said:

happykusinero said:

Ditto. What he said.

Ditto here

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS