3 evenings: My painted set!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hey all! After 3 evenings of painting, here is my painted set!

So, after opening the box and looking at the minis, I got possessed with the urge to paint everything ASAP. So here they are, after 3 full evenings of painting.

-First I primed all the minis with Army Painter "Uniform Grey" primer except for the Zombies I used "Army Green" from the same company.
-Then I decided to use as much of the base color as possible to quicken the painting process. For some minis it was a great idea and for others (Zombies and Cultists) the end result isn't that good. But from a distance everything look good and better than the plain grey.
-I applied my base colors on everything.
-I applied some washes on everything. The washes I used are from Citadel paints: Badab Black, Devlan Mud, Griphonne Sepia and Drakenhof Nightshade.
-Then a quick drybrush using mostly, from Citadel: Bleached Bone, Fortress Grey, Scorpion Green, Catachan Green, Vermin Brown, Ultramarine Blue and Hawk Turquoise depending on the mini.
-Ended putting some minor details like belt buckle with Dwarven Bronze.

So, here they are:

SHOGGOTHS

CHTHONIANS AND MANIACS

HOUNDS OF TINDALOS AND MI-GOS

ZOMBIES AND WITCHES

CULTISTS AND CULT LEADERS

THE INVESTIGATORS

Except for the Cultists and Zombies, the rest i'm satisfied with.

I wanted to paint them quickly, that's what happens :P

Hope you like them!

• GrandpaBob likes this

#2 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Bought FA during lunch and painted it this evening! I'm done with painting for a bit now :P

• GrandpaBob likes this

#3 Doom1502

Doom1502

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

Really cool, they look great! Thanks for sharing them.

#4 GrimJester

GrimJester

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

These were done quickly?  Except for the zombies, which aren't horrible, this is some of the best mini painting that I've seen!  Also, I think the cultists look fine, but maybe the colors could be more sinister?

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

GrimJester said:

These were done quickly?  Except for the zombies, which aren't horrible, this is some of the best mini painting that I've seen!  Also, I think the cultists look fine, but maybe the colors could be more sinister?

Yeah you're right about the Cultists but I was so lazy that I wanted to use as much of the grey primer as possible lol…

But hey, they're still as annoying as the non painted version :P

#6 David B

David B

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Oh wow! They are great, and especially impressive due to the speed that they were done in - I am doing well to paint one middling model in three evenings, never mind dozens of wonderful ones!

Bravo, bravo indeed!

David.

#7 Toturi

Toturi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'm also going to paint my miniatures (I'm used to it from games such as Warhammer). Yours are pretty cool. Love the investigators, shoggoths and maniacs. Maybe I would have picked black for the cultists main color but that's a matter of taste. The Hounds of Tindalos and Migos, in my opinion, could have had a little more work into it.

Great job!!!!!

#8 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Toturi said:

I'm also going to paint my miniatures (I'm used to it from games such as Warhammer). Yours are pretty cool. Love the investigators, shoggoths and maniacs. Maybe I would have picked black for the cultists main color but that's a matter of taste. The Hounds of Tindalos and Migos, in my opinion, could have had a little more work into it.

Great job!!!!!

You're right but all I wanted was a quick paint job and use as much as the base colors.  For the Cultists I should have used black, you're right on that!!

I did the same with my Dust Tactics minis, used as much as the base color I could and work from there.  Result on the table is pretty cool!

#9 Rackzul

Rackzul

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

Really impressive work here.  I wish I had the talent to do such a great job on my own.  I don't forsee them ever being anything other than grey…lol.

#10 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Rackzul said:

Really impressive work here.  I wish I had the talent to do such a great job on my own.  I don't forsee them ever being anything other than grey…lol.

Doesn't remove anything from the game though so you're good to go! Just add some eye candy :P

Thanks for the comment, appreciated :)

#11 Polyhedron

Polyhedron

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

would you ever consider charging for painting other peoples' sets?

#12 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Polyhedron said:

would you ever consider charging for painting other peoples' sets?

I would, but living in Quebec, the shipping cost would be somewhat high for a complete MoM set…I could check if you're interested…

#13 Polyhedron

Polyhedron

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yes, am curious cost, shipping, etc.

#14 Polyhedron

Polyhedron

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'm still interested if you are.

EM me at polyhedronx@yahoo.com

#15 Perseus Chiu

Perseus Chiu

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Nice Works !! I love your investigators and maniac. Though, I prefer the cult leaders should stand out more by adding more detail on their robes or something.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

#16 Tonyfr

Tonyfr

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

Great job!   Gave me insipration to do the same.  

#17 Feqz

Feqz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Rackzul said:

Same with me I wish I could paint that well

#18 rubenflh

rubenflh

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Tonyfr said:

Great job!   Gave me insipration to do the same.  

Was the same here for me too. Excelent work and gave me inspiration and the reference of good work. 

#19 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Wow guys, thanks a lot!

Nothing that ink can't do ;)

#20 rubenflh

rubenflh

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

A small question from a complete layman in painting.

How do you make shadows? With thin layers of black ink diluted? Or do you use a darker shade of the paint itself that you are using on the clothing?

I'm using matte acrylic paint. Here in Brazil is difficult to find the spray primer, then had to spend a Shoggoth in three layers before painting. I'll finish with varnish to protect the paint.

Any other tips for a complete beginner?

*Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language sonreir

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS