• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3345

It seems bizarre that so many sleeves are being released for a non-existent game, don't you think?

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#2 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

There are several Star Wars card games you could use these for

or wait for the new FFG one

or use them for a non Star Wars card game.

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

The problem with these new ones is that you can't easily get all three movie sleeves because you'd have to constantly re-sleave your cards. I think the A New Hope sleeves look the best . . . not that these are new images or anything.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

You'd choose  A New Hope over bikini-Leia?!

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

I dunno. I think the Lightsaber sleeves would fit nicely over an AGoT deck featuring House Stark.

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights of Winterfell have held to the belief that the man who passes the sentence should swing the lightsaber." - Master Eddard

#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

I got some of the previously released ones.. Yoda is nice. I like the movie trilogy sleeves. 

Does Force Lightning imply pvp…or hokey sleeves for an encounter deck?

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

qwertyuiop said:

I would say it implies no more than the Darth Vader sleeves did.

#8 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

MarthWMaster said:

qwertyuiop said:

Darth Vader > Powder cosplaying as Emperor Palpatine.

#9 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

qwertyuiop said:

MarthWMaster said:

qwertyuiop said:

I don't see how this makes a difference. They're both villains, and as such would be equally appropriate for sleeving a Dark Side deck in a PvP game, or an Encounter deck in a Co-op game.

#10 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

MarthWMaster said:

qwertyuiop said:

stuff including a quip about the movie "Powder"

MarthWMaster said:

I don't see how this makes a difference. They're both villains, and as such would be equally appropriate for sleeving a Dark Side deck in a PvP game, or an Encounter deck in a Co-op game.

Fair enough. Star Wars sleeve options should be nearly limitless, assuming the game itself is good. I'd be a fan of some Jabba sleeves, or better yet.. Salacious Crumb sleeves.. or best yet…Lando sleeves. Winning with style.

#11 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

I want Jawa sleeves.

#12 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Doc9 said:

I want Jawa sleeves.

Thank you!

#13 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'm pretty sure I'd like the "movie" sleeves a lot more if they didn't feature the logos for their respective films. The artwork would stand better on its own IMO.

I guess what I'd like to see the most would be art featuring Luke and Leia, the Skywalker siblings, with maybe a ghostly image of Vader in the background.

#14 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

qwertyuiop said:

MarthWMaster said:

qwertyuiop said:

stuff including a quip about the movie "Powder"

MarthWMaster said:

Fair enough. Star Wars sleeve options should be nearly limitless, assuming the game itself is good. I'd be a fan of some Jabba sleeves, or better yet.. Salacious Crumb sleeves.. or best yet…Lando sleeves. Winning with style.

Jabba sleeves would be awesome!!!!

MarthWMaster said:

qwertyuiop said:

MarthWMaster said:

qwertyuiop said:

Looking at the Lord of the Rings sleeves released, they produced some with Nazgul on, but that's still a co-op game. Just throwing that out there, make of it what you will, etc

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#15 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

The bottom line, I guess, is that FFG Sleeves are first and foremost a way for the company to make more business through their licenses. It doesn't mean the sleeves have to match the deck they're for. In other words, you don't have to be playing Star Wars: The Card Game to use Star Wars sleeves, or Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game to use Call of Cthulhu sleeves, et cetera. After all, sleeves featuring A Game of Thrones characters come in packs of 50, but you need at least 60 sleeves in order for your matching deck to be tournament legal (plus 8 if you're counting the Plot stack and House card). Kind of a jerk move if you're expected to only use those sleeves for Thrones.

Fun fact: a couple years ago I sleeved a "Hentai" theme deck for Legend of the Five Rings (which uses two decks of 40 cards each) with a pack of FFG's "Summoning" sleeves.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS