Koronus Bestiary Release Date?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Is when exactly? There have been about 5 books announced since then plus Only War. Yet again FFG is biting off way way way more than it can handle, and it shows.

PS: the other thread is broken.

#2 Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm really curious what happened to the Koronus Bestiary, too.  I'm still guessing that it's been sitting in customs though.

#3 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

We may never know. FFG are far too tight lipped about anything. Frankly I'm getting more than a little frustrated with them as a publisher. I never thought I'd say that, but there you go.

#4 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Where is my Elephant

Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant
Where is my Elephant

-Bart

#5 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

You mean the elephant that was announced two years ago?

#6 Ladegard

Ladegard

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

If you're that frustrated, may I suggest the wisdom of the Book of Gord, specifically "The door's to your left."

#7 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

The BC book quality is crap, the binding breaks after a dozen use. I guess they need to find a new supplier or that something similar is happening.

#8 UberMutant

UberMutant

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Some people seem to have thier copies, I have read a few reviews on various websites and forums.

My money is in my bank when it should be in FFGs account. I want that book for my campaign….come on guys!

#9 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

UberMutant said:

Some people seem to have thier copies, I have read a few reviews on various websites and forums.

My money is in my bank when it should be in FFGs account. I want that book for my campaign….come on guys!

How can that be? Are you referring to pdf copies? I have been checking the release dates for months and it's not been announced as forthcoming at all. Could be next week, or the week after, or…

#10 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ladegard said:

If you're that frustrated, may I suggest the wisdom of the Book of Gord, specifically "The door's to your left."

your point?

#11 UberMutant

UberMutant

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

signoftheserpent said:

UberMutant said:

How can that be? Are you referring to pdf copies? I have been checking the release dates for months and it's not been announced as forthcoming at all. Could be next week, or the week after, or…

No, it sounded like they had proper copies from somewhere, going through the contents and rules and so on.

#12 Goodwin

Goodwin

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Not sure how much it helps, but Chapters.ca says the release is July 10.  However, I placed my preorder in April and it said the release date was May 28th or something, so not sure how much stock should be put into that. >.<

#13 Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

According to the last thread, it's available in Australia. If true the book exists as a physical copy somewhere.

Anyway, I don't think it's FFG's fault. Check the upcoming page and you'll see that it's listed as "on the boat." Although it's been that way since February 20th. lol

#14 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I've been pestering FLGS's in three states. I've yet to find it anywhere in Australia.

#15 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Lidless Eye said:

According to the last thread, it's available in Australia. If true the book exists as a physical copy somewhere.

Anyway, I don't think it's FFG's fault. Check the upcoming page and you'll see that it's listed as "on the boat." Although it's been that way since February 20th. lol

The problem is that FFG do not keep us informed.

#16 narked

narked

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Yup, would be nice to know what's going on. I've kept my group waiting to start Rogue Trader since the start of the year, as I wanted to wait for Koronus Bestiary, and as it was due Q1, they were happy to wait. Not long to go now until Q3…

Would be nice if they'd at least put the PDF version up for sale so we can start using it. I'll happily by both that and the hard copy. But I'm sick of waiting for it, and as others have mentioned, seeing countless other books being announced in the meantime.

#17 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

signoftheserpent said:

Is when exactly? There have been about 5 books announced since then plus Only War. Yet again FFG is biting off way way way more than it can handle, and it shows.

PS: the other thread is broken.

If you ask me its either those damn Chaos Reavers or the Stryxis have gotten hold of the copies but either way someone should sort them out once and for all. I bet there would be a nice profit coming from it as well.

I am also wondering where those stuff are but I hope that Honor the Chapter and Tome of Fate won't suffer similar fates.

#18 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

signoftheserpent said:

Which, at the time, was basically the equivalent of "it's on our to-do list". Hostile Acquisitions and the Koronus Bestiary were little more than officially-sanctioned intentions at that point (well, Hostile Acquisitions was in early development, but it wouldn't start being written until a couple of weeks later)

Yeah, FFG keeps the development process behind closed doors. Honestly, I don't blame them - the earlier you release information about something, or the more specific you are with release dates (which are inherently unreliable when you factor in printing, shipping and distribution), the greater the portion of the community that rants impatiently about it, as this thread ably demonstrates.

Koronus Bestiary exists. It has been written, art has been produced for it. The book has been laid out and approved and sent off to the printers. Everything that FFG has direct control over has been done. Everything else is less certain because of the nature of the industry. In the meantime, at least two further books for the Rogue Trader line have been written and developed (Soul Reaver and Navis Primer having both been announced), because that's what you do in this situation - you don't send something off to the printers and then sit on your hands until it gets back (because that would produce no more than one book a year)… you send something off to the printers and start development on the next thing, to ensure that there's a somewhat steady flow of material being produced.

Before you go blaming Deathwatch or Black Crusade or Only War… those are irrelevant here. There are enough people involved at the relevant levels to ensure that one game line doesn't crowd out any of the others.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#19 HeavensThunderHammer

HeavensThunderHammer

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

signoftheserpent said:

Which, at the time, was basically the equivalent of "it's on our to-do list". Hostile Acquisitions and the Koronus Bestiary were little more than officially-sanctioned intentions at that point (well, Hostile Acquisitions was in early development, but it wouldn't start being written until a couple of weeks later)

Yeah, FFG keeps the development process behind closed doors. Honestly, I don't blame them - the earlier you release information about something, or the more specific you are with release dates (which are inherently unreliable when you factor in printing, shipping and distribution), the greater the portion of the community that rants impatiently about it, as this thread ably demonstrates.

Koronus Bestiary exists. It has been written, art has been produced for it. The book has been laid out and approved and sent off to the printers. Everything that FFG has direct control over has been done. Everything else is less certain because of the nature of the industry. In the meantime, at least two further books for the Rogue Trader line have been written and developed (Soul Reaver and Navis Primer having both been announced), because that's what you do in this situation - you don't send something off to the printers and then sit on your hands until it gets back (because that would produce no more than one book a year)… you send something off to the printers and start development on the next thing, to ensure that there's a somewhat steady flow of material being produced.

Before you go blaming Deathwatch or Black Crusade or Only War… those are irrelevant here. There are enough people involved at the relevant levels to ensure that one game line doesn't crowd out any of the others.

Good to know bro, thanks for the wisdom.

#20 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

I'll say to you what you said to me Nathan the last time Serpent reared his angry head:

Don't engage with this poster. Nothing you say will matter to him. He has already made up his mind, and his reply will be nothing but angry spittle and nonsense. Walk away.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS