• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hey folks,

I currently run a noir style detective game in Hive Sibellus. When summer approaches I find I'm just too exhausted after work to prep and so my games sorta suck. I thought this year I would pick up a module to help me out. Because I'm currently running a game I'd like to integrate with out too much pain.

Here's a few things about the game.

• Inquisitor doesn't get along with the cabal. He advises his agents to be careful about using Inquisition resources or revealing their identities during missions unless critical.
  • Team masquerades as local private investigators.
  • Currently investigating the death of an acolyte who happens to be a clone from an unknown source.
  • Team has been tracking down leads on a funky priest within the Eccliesarchy. Probably gonna trade bullets with him soon.
  • Three players play in short bursts. (Assassin, Arbitrator, Priest) (Team occasionally includes a scum and guardsman as well)
  • Previous mission: Assassinating a demagouge who led people to self reliance instead of trusting their fate to the emperor. Eliminated target via orbital strike without prejudice. Destroyed militant cult with Imperial Guard support.
  • Previous mission: Covering up evidence aboard a ship during a protracted boarding. (More unknown clones this time of planetary governors. Dead on arrival.)
  • The team has black mailed nobles with evidence, worked with crooked cops. supported revolutionaries. read and kept foul books of science, spared mutants and heretics to keep cover, and sacrilegiously adorned an ancient servitor drone with a latern.

Your advice is much appreciated.

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Have you played the free download module Edge of Darkness? If not, I highly recommend it- it works well with your 'private detectives based in Sibellius' premise, and potentially could be linked to the cloned agent without too much tweaking.

#3 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Ah I never heard of it. I have mostly avoided psyker stuff after reading the forums here but I'd like to dabble a little bit. Does it have some?

#4 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

So looks like I fail at google. I tried Edge of Darkness module and Edge of Darkness 40k. Lots of people talking about it but I didn't see any nice reputable links to the the .pdf.

More help! Summer frying brain for the… emper..or.

#5 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

It is under 'scenarios' on this page:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=50&esem=4

#6 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

BrotherKane said:

It is under 'scenarios' on this page:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=50&esem=4

Ah wow! The start of this is so much like my own game. Wish I had came in here and brought it up earlier. Thanks again!

#7 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Try 'The Glass Assassin' on the same page.  It's a fan made adventure that is set on Scintilla which takes place on board a land train.  Something a bit different.

#8 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Rejoice For You Are True from Purge The Unclean is also set on Scintilla; I don't care for it, but it does feature a trip from Sibellius to the 'walking city' of Ambulon that you might find interesting.

#9 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

RFYAT I would definitely reccomend tweaking to preference.  I have only gone through it as a player but the GM definitely had to add a few things.

#10 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Was it particularly short or some thing?

#11 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

I think he more found that the clues were a little hard to spot and piece together.  I haven't actually read it so I will and try and give you more detail!

#12 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

So looking over Edge of Darkness I see that knowledge of Tech Priests might help me understand the situation a bit better. Being something of 40k neophyte I haven't quite cut my teeth on many codexs or novels. The part I'm still having trouble with is the whole technological heresy business. Any reading that could help me clear up some of the basics?

• Clearly a habprole can use and maintain a rivet gun. Maybe even build or repair his microwave. But if he knew how to build and repair a station wagon would he be a tech-heretic?
  • What about the secrets? Tech priests are the guardians of ancient technologies. Is it just sort of a build/design/modify thing? But operate/repair is a-okay?
  • If an industrious habprole creates a audio recording with instructions on how to make repairs did he just commit tech heresy?

All this stuff I take for granted as a Aircraft Mechanic in real life. But I realized that in 40k my job would probably be a lot different because certain information would not be privy to me.

#13 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Basically, 'tech-heresy' covers any use of technology not officially sanctioned by the Priesthood of Mars. Some hab-prols are specifically trained in the Adeptus Mechanicus-approved 'Rites of Maintenance and Repair' with reguard to specific machines, and can thus use those skills in the course of their official duties without fear. If said prol then tries to use those skills to repair something that he is not officially authorized to repair, however, he is in deep grox-dung if he gets caught. The Mechanicus rely on this stifling of knowledge of technology to maintain their position of power within the Imperium. So, 'tech-heresy' covers a broad spectrum- from a worker 'fixing his microwave' without proper authorization, to Chaos-worshippers building doomsday devices. The upcoming sourcebook The Lathe Worlds will probably go into a lot of detail on this subject.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS