Photo

: Get all the rules on 2 Pages: The Core Rules In 8 Pages - Help Refine It!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

You might have seen the Unit Cards I designed and several members here helped perfect (you can find them here: http://www.fantasyfl...=653464&efpag=0), this is the companion document for those.

My aim here, is that if you've read the Core Rulebook and then have the unit cards from the other thread and this 8 Page document, you are ready to teach and reference the rules in the most efficient way possible.

I love fluff and I love pictures, but once I've read the rulebook, I don't want a 100 page fluff piece, I want the facts ma'am, just the facts.

I'm trying to keep this document to as few pages as possible, while maintaing legibility (which is why this isn't on two pages of 6pt font).

Also, I truly hope for this to be a complete set of the rules, trimmed down to it's essential elements.  I could trim it down further if I was trying to make a bullet point reference doc, but I'd prefer this convey all the rules.

Thing is, I have yet to play the game, so I have no idea if this reads right, or covers things as clearly as it could.  I would really appreciate anyone willing to look over the document and provide feedback - primarily to ensure I have the rules right and to clear up any ambiguities.  I had a thread for this before, but you'll forfgive me (hopefully) for starting a new one.

Here's the document.

UPDATED July 2, 20120: http://bit.ly/J8ppmc

UPDATED July 2, 2012: Get all the rules on 2 Pages! members.accesswave.ca/~rcasmith/Dust%20Warfare%20-%20Compressed.pdf

#2 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

536RodneySmith said:

Thing is, I have yet to play the game,.

Once I get over the shock of that statement, and have more time, I'll give it a look - Probably this weekend sometime. 

But I have to ask…

Why haven't you played yet?  Your cards are glorious. Everyone in our whole group is using them. Can't find opponents?  Are you manning a missile silo in Siberia?

Edit to add: Oh yes, Ye olde Veteran Soldier's Reference manual. I've actually used it in a demo. It looks pretty good. I remember a few things I'd change we're in there, but for the life of me, I can't remember what they were. When/if I do, I'll post it here. I do recall it was very good though, and actually reminded one of our other players who read it of a couple of rules he'd missed and was playing wrong. 

#3 yakmandoo

yakmandoo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Rodney you are the man!  Looking at the doc now, but the community is better for your work! Kudos!

#4 Vepr

Vepr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Rodney thanks for all of your hard work on these docs.

#5 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Well, it certainly makes the effort well worth it, with so many kind responses to it.  Thanks, my friends!

#6 Major Malfunction

Major Malfunction

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Shadow4ce said:

But I have to ask…

Why haven't you played yet?  Your cards are glorious. Everyone in our whole group is using them. Can't find opponents?  Are you manning a missile silo in Siberia?

Clearly, he's been too busy cranking out awesome card designs and player aids.

I've downloaded the doc and will give it a once over.

#7 Jonez34

Jonez34

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I found that doc a few weeks ago in another topic and i updated it with a few ideas. docs.google.com/document/d/1CM-xx45DN8QZCfq2ldhWlKQKUjl2Be3fvh6Hwfbw3co/edit

I added page numbers and a few more things

#8 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

MarkT gave me some great suggestions for the document, so I've updated it in the original post!

#9 adlerhobby

adlerhobby

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

Looking great after first read I found this small typo/missing words thing…

Spray Weapons: Roll a number of Combat Dice equal to t of miniatures in the target unit.

#10 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Good catch - document has been updated!

#11 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

You now have the option of having all the rules on 2 Pages: members.accesswave.ca/~rcasmith/Dust%20Warfare%20-%20Compressed.pdf

This paired with the Unit cards is pretty much all you need at the table.

#12 Scargap

Scargap

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Has this been updated to include all the rules for the SSU helicopters and the like?

#13 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Great work! This is very much like Universal Head's contributions for many boardgames. I'd advise trying to make it as clean as he's done with his.

Universal Head Dust Tactics Quick Reference

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS