Forbidden Alchemy Reprint Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Soakman

Soakman

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

I sent an e-mail to their customer support. I wanted to let you guys know, they confirmed that the game is still being finished and WILL be released when it is done.

If you want the messages, I can provide them, but I don't think it's necesarry. Just letting you all know in case you want to avoid buying a used 1st edition without the errata fixes etc.

Gallery of Thematic Custom Investigators

You can find the .EON File Page @ Board Game Geek! Just follow this link: http://boardgamegeek...#comment4314881

#2 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

That's cool. I wondered if they were revising an overhaul on both Mansions and Forbidden Alchemy, or if they were simply just re-releasing the content of FA with what I and others got in the mail for replacement parts. When they released House of Fears (which was very fun for my first time playing today), I assumed the game was getting a comeback anyhow. It's good to hear you received an official response though to remove any doubts.

#3 Soakman

Soakman

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Me too. Though they were not willing to give me a timeframe or date. Just a "keep your eye on the website." 

But either way, I am too much of an arkham fan (BOTH games) to resist the inevitable joy in knowing that the game has not been perceived as a sinking ship. 

Gallery of Thematic Custom Investigators

You can find the .EON File Page @ Board Game Geek! Just follow this link: http://boardgamegeek...#comment4314881

#4 Gamemaster

Gamemaster

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

I just received my reprinted Forbidden Alchemy yesterday.  You will know if it is the reprint because there is a sticker that states "Includes Revised Components."  Inside are the revised printing rulebooks as well as the cards.

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Got mine Tuesday. All looks great.

Going to try it tonight!

#6 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

I only played the yellow matter so far but was a bit disapointed. Although some ideas were great (like the mutations), the objectives and the narrative are of very low quality, I found.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#7 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I am interested in ordering Forbidden Alchemy, but how can I be sure that I am getting the revised version?  There are multiple vendors selling it on Amazon.com for ~$26 which is about $10 cheaper than ordering direct (not to mention shipping), but I don't want to get the "broken" version.  If anyone can point me to a specific reseller, I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

#8 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

UPDATE: I ordered Forbidden Alchemy directly from Amazon.com and received the revised version.  Looking forward to trying it out!

#9 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

I really enjoyed the time-jumping in Lost in Time and Space. Many locks and obstacles have different outcomes depending on the investigators' time period, and that made them think quite a bit.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS