Allied Honey Light Walker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MiniJunkie

MiniJunkie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'm actually painting up my models for Dust Warfare, however, I thought I'd also share these here since it's a Painting specific forum and they might get missed on the Dust Warfare general board. 

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

That is stunningly beautiful. Great technique! Looks a bit steampunk-y with all that copper.

#3 MiniJunkie

MiniJunkie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks! Hm, yes I suppose it does - I wanted to break up the metal with some different colors basically.

#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I am not a fan of those two models but your paint job is fantastic !!!!!! Great work pal !!!!! The leather on the rider looks perfect.

#5 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Great paint job. The best allied light walker i seen so far i guess.

#6 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:48 AM

I really dig the copper and you have a good handle on the weathering.

I do have two criticisms.

The red hoses really stand out. Black is boring and expected, but the red hoses really jump out. If that is a theme you are carrying throughout you army it will be fine, and I want group shots. As a single model the red hoses really jump out, not in a bad way, just in a very noticeable one.

The real complaint:

You did such a nice job with the body panels and rider, even the legs and seat support, but what should be the dirtiest part of the walker is pristine. The feet are completely spotless. Not a drop of mud, dirt, grease, rust, or any sort of wear and tear can be found on the part of the walker that sits on the ground.

#7 MRex21

MRex21

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

What color did you use for the weathering on the cowl and around the knee plates?  Did you use a sponge?  I really wan to learn this technique.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS