Organizing your cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 idjester

idjester

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hey, I'm pretty new at this game and wondering how most people organize their cards so that they can build their decks. Specifically trying to find out about online resources that you use to input all of your cards into a master database so you can then use that information to then create your different decks from. I have purchased Warhammer and Call of Cthulhu and Lord of the Rings and some Game of Thrones, now I have a crap load of cards. Sorting them on my table and just picking and choosing them doesn't seam like a wise idea so I am wonding how other people do it.

I did get online at cardgamedb and look at their informaion but before I spent 10 hours inputting all of my cards there I wondered if there was something else I should be doing instead.

Thanks for any input or information you can give me….

#2 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

It won't help you with the others you mentioned, but for Invasion www.deckbox.org is great. You can add whole battle packs / expansions to your inventory, and it has good search filters.

#3 idjester

idjester

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Do they have other sites like deckbox.org for the other games as well?

Which site do you guys use to keep track of your cards? Do you input them all into the site and then build your decks from them or just input your made decks? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do this…

Thanks..

#4 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

I don't play the other games, I don't know if and which sites there are for them. You should ask in the corresponding forums.

I have my cards sorted in folders and do most of my searching and all my deckbuilding on deckbox. It's the fastest and easiest way for me. Though I make it a point to regularly look through the physical cards, I find it helps with not forgetting the seldom used ones and coming up with new ideas.

#5 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

cardgamedb.com has a database for the other lcg's, but I'm not sure about the sorting part. Deckbox has spoiler view which makes me like it a lot better.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#6 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Card Board Gamers said:

cardgamedb.com has a database for the other lcg's, but I'm not sure about the sorting part. Deckbox has spoiler view which makes me like it a lot better.

I would love it if cardgamedb let us track our inventory as well, but I imagine with 4+ games, it would be a little too costly (storage-wise).  It's functionality I would really like to have out there, somewhere though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS