• 723 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

I like the cepea tones in the pictures.

#5 Tanker

Tanker

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Very nice. Although I'm not sure why you painted so many brown. ;-)

I think I'll copy your British paint scheme. Good idea going with the camo smock look for them.

#6 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks, for all your kind words.

Tanker: Copy it. I just want them to look more british. So I ´ve tried to paint the denison smock. Nice that someone recognised it…

Here is my latest work. The Tank Busters:

#7 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Those guys look outstanding, sir!

Nicely done.

#8 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

#9 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

#10 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Very nice. Which head did you use for the officer in the Corps officers squad? I actually swapped out the heads for the medic and mechanic in my squad as I didn't like the gasmask and welding mask looking things but left the officer's head alone. It seems like you did the opposite on your command squad. Is that a Space wolf head or something? Really cool. The camo pattern on the Hell Boys' helmets is cool too. Nice army. 

In regards to the Tank Busters…. is it the lighting or do they have an African American vibe going. What outstanding sculpts when I can paint up my tank busters to be white as an Irishman in the winter and you can paint yours to look like black guys… something not easily done with GW models that do not lend themselves to painting them as black guys. It si why we used to joke, "In the Grim future of 40, 000, there is only Cacausian".

As a tip for when you link photos to this site. After putting in the link, change the settings to either 800 by 600 or even 700 by 525 otherwise it always cuts off the right side of the picture. That's why the mechanic cannot be seen in the pics, etc.

#11 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Thanks. Its the Head from the Red Skorpions Commander Culln from Forgeworld. The original Head looks as the Officers Mom had an affair with an Vrill, so i had to swap. Thanks for the tip with the settings for pictures, will try it with the next ones.

The Tank Busters heads are a bit darker, but i think its also a bit because of the light. i´m not very fit with painting skin, i just startet one year ago with painting, and this were just space marines with helmets.

#12 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

I know exactly what you are saying about the face on the officer. I call mine Voldemort Shovel face.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS