Game crash and restart on movie loads

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Applejack

Applejack

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hi I recently purchased this app on the Play store. It seems that whenever my Samsung Galaxy S plays a video from this game; the game crashes and restarts itself. This happens if I press yes to the tutorial prompt and when I enter the museum (the game is unplayable with these crashes).

Does anyone know a fix to this? I've tried reinstalling the app and restarting my device.

#2 vorpal318

vorpal318

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hi! I never had this problem on my SGS… Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app ?

#3 Applejack

Applejack

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

vorpal318 said:

Hi! I never had this problem on my SGS… Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app ?

Yes I have, several times. What vers are you running? I'm on the unofficial ICS package which I think might be the problem. Do videos load correctly for you? My videos loads for 2-3 seconds then the app restarts. However I've found that if I tap quickly I can skip the videos and play the game. I will never be able to see the win/lose videos though :(

#4 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

I have this problem as well on the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I just got the phone and bought this and oh what a pain to find I can't play it.

#5 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Doing some research online, I've found it's an issue with other games that have embedded video. Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution. Will post a solution as soon as I find it and no one else has resolved the issue.

#6 Druaightagh

Druaightagh

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

I have a similar, probably related problem (on NATPC M009S MID tablet, running current version of ICS) that's been posted before: whilst the game doesn't crash when it goes to to play a movie, it just fails to play the movie.

It's possibly down to the format of the movies used (mp4) for the game, that information and possible workaround/s can be found in this thread…

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=268&efcid=30&efidt=574538

But, as I've said there, manually modifying files shouldn't be necessary, especially for a paid for product, and that perhaps it's something more general (if it's an Android ICS OS problem over an FFG problem).

#7 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

OK, tried those suggestions but they didn't work however I did get an explanation as to why it isn't working on my phone which is that the latest version of Icecream Sandwich has issues with HD games and applications. In the US, there's a patch available now called Jellybean that should sort it out. Unfortunately, I am in the UK so I'll just have to wait it seem.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS