No Use for Grief - Dead snakes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Warren12

Warren12

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

What happens when I trigger No Use for Grief (http://www.cardgamed...se-For-Grief-DB) after the tragic death of the Red Viper, and I have some unique Sand Snakes in my dead pile.  If I have multiple copies of these snakes, can they be played?  Do they get discarded, or simply left in my deck?

#2 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Warren12 said:

What happens when I trigger No Use for Grief (http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html/_/brotherhood-without-banners/dreadfort-betrayal/No-Use-For-Grief-DB) after the tragic death of the Red Viper, and I have some unique Sand Snakes in my dead pile.  If I have multiple copies of these snakes, can they be played?  Do they get discarded, or simply left in my deck?

You cannot play or put into play any unique card that's in your dead pile. So, if you plan to axe the Red Viper and one of your Snakes is in your dead pile, you need to get her out first or those are just dead cards.

I have a copy of the new melee event Secret Alliance in my Sand Snakes deck for just that purpose.

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

#3 Professor Nomos

Professor Nomos

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

Amuk said:

Warren12 said:

What happens when I trigger No Use for Grief (http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html/_/brotherhood-without-banners/dreadfort-betrayal/No-Use-For-Grief-DB) after the tragic death of the Red Viper, and I have some unique Sand Snakes in my dead pile.  If I have multiple copies of these snakes, can they be played?  Do they get discarded, or simply left in my deck?

You cannot play or put into play any unique card that's in your dead pile. So, if you plan to axe the Red Viper and one of your Snakes is in your dead pile, you need to get her out first or those are just dead cards.

I have a copy of the new melee event Secret Alliance in my Sand Snakes deck for just that purpose.

If you're using the reset red viper you can combo him with neutral benign stark to reshuffle all your dead snakes into your deck.

#4 Warren12

Warren12

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Ok I was thinking I could not play the cards.  So the dead dupes just stay in my deck then?

#5 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Yep. They just stay there being dead dupes.

#6 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Warren12 said:

Ok I was thinking I could not play the cards.  So the dead dupes just stay in my deck then?
Since you are not allowed to "put into play" copies of unique cards that are in your dead pile, it is not legal to pull copies of unique Sand Snakes that you have in your dead pile while searching your deck after triggering No Use for Grief.

They stay in your deck because it is illegal to pull them out with a "put into play" effect.

#7 blashkowitch

blashkowitch

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

And can I put in play these unique characters and duplicates on top of it, with No use for grief?

#8 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

blashkowitch said:

And can I put in play these unique characters and duplicates on top of it, with No use for grief?
Yes

#9 blashkowitch

blashkowitch

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Let's say I have Red Viper from TftRK - House Martell only.
If you are not running an Agenda, The Red Viper gains: "Response: After The Red Viper is killed, kill all characters in play.", and i'm not running an agenda. Now what's the timing of triggering effects?

1. response from RV - and all characters in play are killed,

2. then comes saves ,

3. the I can use No Use for a Grief, and put all Sand Snakes in play, and it's dupes on it.

sand snakes aren't killed because they came in play after RV response. It's my understanding correct ?

#10 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

blashkowitch said:

Let's say I have Red Viper from TftRK - House Martell only.
If you are not running an Agenda, The Red Viper gains: "Response: After The Red Viper is killed, kill all characters in play.", and i'm not running an agenda. Now what's the timing of triggering effects?

1. response from RV - and all characters in play are killed,

2. then comes saves ,

3. the I can use No Use for a Grief, and put all Sand Snakes in play, and it's dupes on it.

sand snakes aren't killed because they came in play after RV response. It's my understanding correct ?

The ones that weren't out when you triggered the board wipe would be able to come into play and not need to be saved, yes.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS