New "free" ally card with Bones book

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

There will be another offer of a free promo ally card with the new AH novel:  Bones of the yopasi.

No more info yet, read this in an online brochure see below:

FFG are sure to confirm & add further details soon.

http://www.diamondbookdistributors.com/downloads/DBD_AUG2012SalesKit.pdf

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Good deal! This will definitely assist my project to create "Ghouls of the Miskatonic" encounter cards.

So Oliver Grayson was +1 Luck, +1 Speed, and he upset the delicate ally-stat balance. Now that there's a second ally in the second book of three, I almost guarantee that there will be three allies, and they will cover the six stats.

Since I've already developed auxiliary ally cards in preparation for the other books, I'm interested to see who the official ones will be.

#3 EscapeArtist

EscapeArtist

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Good call about the different stats.  My guess for stats/allies would be:

Book 2- Alexander Templeton +1 Will +1 Lore

Book 3- Gabriel Stone +1 Sneak +1 Fight

Judging from the description, I'm feeling pretty strongly that Templeton is going to be the book 2 ally.  Minnie Klein and Blind Rufus might make interesting allies, as well, but come on, Stone had like 30 toughness of monster trophies at the end of book one.

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

I came up with the following:

Minnie Klien
+1 Movement, +1 Will
Put three tokens on Minnie. Whenever another investigator gains one or more clues, you may remove a token from Minnie. That investigator receives an extra clue.

Gabriel Stone
+1 Fight +1 Sneak
Search the Common Item deck for Food, Whisky, and Research Materials and take those cards.

Alexander Templeton
+1 Focus +1 Lore
Search the Common and Unique Item decks for the first Tomes you find. Keep one and discard the other. (or something like this)

Picked out great images for Klien and Stone, but have about 15 options for Templeton.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS