I want Mao, how can I get him?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RoyalRook

RoyalRook

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

After I received Civilization The Board, I felt being cheated because Mao was not in the game as advertised.   This is the first game I ever purchased from Fantasy Flight Games, and I wish I could receive Mao in game card as I was hoping to get.    I will not be happy, if there is not a way for me to have access to him for my board game. 

#2 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

It is a tad ludicrous. Mao has been a Civilization mainstay since (I think?) the beginning.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#3 PBnJ

PBnJ

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

I belive that Mao was only used in the 1st printing of the game.  Then he was switch to the female leader( don't know her name).  FFG said they wanted to have an even # of male/ female leaders.  But some think it's because in China you are not to have an image of Mao in anything that he may lose in( or said picture of him lose in).  ………since it is printed in China…….  well. :P 

Other then getting a 1st print box, not to sure how to get one.

#4 Runix

Runix

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

You can't have Mao, they went to the trouble of building a nice tomb for him and they spend a lot of effort in keeping him preserved.

(Reads original post)

Whoops, never mind.

#5 Shurdus

Shurdus

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

weird, I have him in my game… :- 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS