Query on Press Ganged

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pak

Pak

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Under Trials and Trivails, Press ganged, Unwilling accomplice - the main rulebook states you gain a single skill (as long as it has no prequistes)…

Do skills have prerequisites, I haven't noticed any.

Queried with my ST this and asked is it a misprint and should be a tallent as skills dont have prerequistes.

We have started the game under that presumption, but looking at one of the excel spreadsheet character sheets it does stick with skill rather than tallent and it got me wondering if we are doing that wrong.

I haven't yet used the tallent as we have only done one session so no issue with tweaking it.

Sorry if this is already answered, new to the forum and have tried looking in errata and on here and not found any reference to this.

If it is a misprint that would seem surprising (not that there was one, but that noone has discussed it).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

#2 BlackSpike

BlackSpike

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

A skill such as "Tech Use +20" has the pre-requisite "Tech Use +10", which in turn has the pre-requisite "Tech Use".

I think it is just making sure you don't try "Oh, ANY skill? I'll have "Tech Use +20! Even though I don't have any Tech Use so far!"

#3 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

Psyniscience technically requires that you possess a Psy Rating, though Footfallen and such play hob with that a bit. Other than that, it's just FFG hedging their bets. Any skill.

#4 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Definitively meant for Skills.

Certain skill advances do have prereqs., such as Scrutiny +10, Tech-Use +20, etc.

Other than that, it is likely just careful wording to avoid problems in case new skills are introduced.

Basically, treat it as your pick of any skill that would make sense.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS