Stripes ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

I've noticed Dust Studio's paint a few of their Panzer Grey Axis walkers with a yellow stripe, such as the Wotan-AR

For those WW2 Panzer aficionados, does the stripe have any significance ? Looking to add something similar to add some colour to a Panzer Grey Hans.

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

I don't know if there is any meaning behind the stripe but I did mine like that too and came great. Hear it is if you are looking for any ideas.

#3 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, no idea if the stripe mean anything, but it does look great. Here's my take on it:

#4 Panzer soldier

Panzer soldier

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

I have never seen a photo of a German WWII tank with yellow stripe. I have seen pictures of  Luftwaffe pains with a yellow or red stripe. The stripes were a way to identify squadrons.
Weather it is historical or not, it is a great way to add a little color and interest to a model.

#5 Tahir

Tahir

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

I found this one:

Here are my stripes:

#6 Panzer soldier

Panzer soldier

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Not to burst your bubble but that is a Russian KV-1 tank. Nice paint job though.

#7 Keerplunk

Keerplunk

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Germans Used plenty of captured Russian equipment and I think I have seen a picture of the above KV-1 that the poster got his inspiration from As far as stripes I use them to denote Command vehicles, stripe for lead vehicle and different colors for different platoons.

#8 Panzer soldier

Panzer soldier

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yes I know the Germans uses captured equipment. Before we get into a big fur ball. I believe the discussion was about the real Germans, and weather they used stripes. My point is the the picture of the nicely painted captured KV-1 is a model.
I say again, I have never seen a photo of a real German WWII tank with a stripe.
Also I am a retired U.S. Army Tank Commander with 22 years of service. So I do know a few things about tanks.

#9 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Panzer soldier said:

Yes I know the Germans uses captured equipment. Before we get into a big fur ball. I believe the discussion was about the real Germans, and weather they used stripes. My point is the the picture of the nicely painted captured KV-1 is a model.
I say again, I have never seen a photo of a real German WWII tank with a stripe.
Also I am a retired U.S. Army Tank Commander with 22 years of service. So I do know a few things about tanks.

But do you know German WWII Tanks ??????????? Just kidding , couldn't resist the joke.

#10 Keerplunk

Keerplunk

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

regardless  It was very common to have the stripes on Russian tanks and  I agree Germans normally only used them on aircraft, though I have seen with my own eyes a photograph of a captured KV-1 with german markings and a stripe though looking at the picture of the model it appears the strip is in black or grey and the one on the real thing was Much lighter (black and white picture)

#11 Keerplunk

Keerplunk

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Oh and I know a few things about tanks too, but since we are talking about WWII and an alternate reality at that I say go with what you feel looks best in your opinion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS