Jump to content



Photo

Upcoming page has been updated


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

    Member

  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

Looks like the second wave is going to inlude the following

Cobra / Rattler

Building expansion

SSU specialists

SSU Rifle Squad



#2 daniello_s

daniello_s

    Member

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

I hope they will release more SSU stuff next week than what you said…



#3 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

    Member

  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

This is the stuff listed as being at the Warehouse. I agree with you though I was hoping for the KV-47's. Those seem like they may be a must have.



#4 daniello_s

daniello_s

    Member

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

reptilebro1 said:

This is the stuff listed as being at the Warehouse. I agree with you though I was hoping for the KV-47's. Those seem like they may be a must have.

 

KV's and choppers or the there is no point to even start SSU at the moment.

If FFG doesn't release them right now they will loose a lot of in the marketing field (like GW which really pi**ed off players with those 'waves' of minis which could last up to 2 years since the release of the codex - example: Space Wolves and their Wolf Cavalry or Tyranids and the Tervigon model).



#5 mgentile7

mgentile7

    Member

  • Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

daniello_s said:

reptilebro1 said:

 

This is the stuff listed as being at the Warehouse. I agree with you though I was hoping for the KV-47's. Those seem like they may be a must have.

 

 

 

KV's and choppers or the there is no point to even start SSU at the moment.

If FFG doesn't release them right now they will loose a lot of in the marketing field (like GW which really pi**ed off players with those 'waves' of minis which could last up to 2 years since the release of the codex - example: Space Wolves and their Wolf Cavalry or Tyranids and the Tervigon model).

Dont feel bad GW pisses me off in general!!!!!!!!!!!!



#6 LotusPwn3r

LotusPwn3r

    Member

  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Provided that this info is actually true --

No basic walker for the SSU yet?

Really, FFG?

Really?

Damn…



#7 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

 I doubt the update is complete.  They've been implying that at least the hero box would be in the next wave.



#8 LotusPwn3r

LotusPwn3r

    Member

  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm waiting to actually spend hard-earned caesh on SSU troops until I can get multiple KV-47 walkers.

That's the sole source of my incredulous response to this news…



#9 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

 Why not buy the rest now, will give you something to paint while you are waiting and spread the cost, seems pointless in waiting for KV47's if you want to collect SSU, nothing stopping you in playing without them.



#10 daniello_s

daniello_s

    Member

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Major Mishap said:

 Why not buy the rest now, will give you something to paint while you are waiting and spread the cost, seems pointless in waiting for KV47's if you want to collect SSU, nothing stopping you in playing without them.

 

As WFB and 40K veteran I won't multiply mine mistakes and buy loads of models which I won't use in future as I did in the past.

So far I might be interested in chopper transport plus Fakyeli which I would combine with Yana but they cost point wise loads of points and as my experience tells me putting a lot points in one place means they are usually dead points.

Unless of course all the rest choppers will provide enough distraction for the opponent so he will have a problem with target priority :D



#11 daniello_s

daniello_s

    Member

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

I've just calculated again the cost of Yana+Frontoviki+Transport chopper = 88 points…

No point of taking it I'm afraid.

If the Frontoviki had Fast instead of Assault then  maybe, maybe but otherwise they are to slow even in the chopper and they need to be 1 space away from at least 2 targets so they could really do something.

Maybe as the counter-attack unit - fly to the enemy, disembark and shoot, next round embark and so on, but in this case I think Yakov would be better - second acid thrower and his Legendary Tactician Skill would be more beneficial than Yanas Fighting Spirit and Grenade Launcher.



#12 Bartali

Bartali

    Member

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

LotusPwn3r said:

I'm waiting to actually spend hard-earned caesh on SSU troops until I can get multiple KV-47 walkers.

That's the sole source of my incredulous response to this news…

 

[cynic head on]FFG want all the Warfare players to buy the Zverograd box first before releasing the KV47 box[/cynic head on]



#13 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

Bartali said:

LotusPwn3r said:

 

I'm waiting to actually spend hard-earned caesh on SSU troops until I can get multiple KV-47 walkers.

That's the sole source of my incredulous response to this news…

 

 

 

[cynic head on]FFG want all the Warfare players to buy the Zverograd box first before releasing the KV47 box[/cynic head on]

And why wouldn't you want the set?



#14 daniello_s

daniello_s

    Member

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

Cause apart of the building it doesn't bring you anything useful?

The poster you have in Revised Core set.

Grandma is a crap walker although model is nice. Why crap? Because it's neither good distance nor close combat. It would be better either with two howitzers or two sulfur jets but as we know those types of walkers will be available in KV box so FFG  without any deeper idea how to create Grandma equipped it with both weapons.

And Koshka is poor like hell, especially when for 2 points more you can have Yana with the same skill and 300% better weapon.



#15 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

 Grand'ma is a great walker if you can keep her alive.  2 weapons that ignore cover are fantastic along with decent special abilities.



#16 Bartali

Bartali

    Member

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

Major Mishap said:

Bartali said:

 

LotusPwn3r said:

 

I'm waiting to actually spend hard-earned caesh on SSU troops until I can get multiple KV-47 walkers.

That's the sole source of my incredulous response to this news…

 

 

 

[cynic head on]FFG want all the Warfare players to buy the Zverograd box first before releasing the KV47 box[/cynic head on]

 

 

And why wouldn't you want the set?

 

Everything bar Grand'ma and Koshka isn't useful for Warfare, although they may get some mileage out of the building if they need more terrain



#17 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

 Although this is the Tactics forum, the building will be as useful in Warfare as it is Tactics, you could even use the map and scenarios for warfare if you wanted and the background is as relevent to Warfare as it is tactics.  The only thing you can't use is the rules, and whats more, go to the right places and you can pick up Zverograd cheaper than the price of a KV  - I did so got two sets :)



#18 daniello_s

daniello_s

    Member

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

If you get it dirty cheap then I admit it is worthy to get but personally I don't think you will have field two standard (I mean those which cannot be transported) KVs in the field. Why? Cause KVs gonna be slow.

Yes, they will have Assault but still try to catch those any Fast or Allied jump infantry.  I played Flamm-Luther recently (proxing it naturally) and I didn't even have a chance to fire it as my opponent was to clever to be caught with this walker.

The only good choice will be double-howitzer KV as it ignores cover and deals some reasonable damage (plus I hear it will have All-In-One skill).

I'd like to see what Airborne Walker would present as I trust in Nikita and Nastasia as two main anti-infanty walkers.



#19 mgentile7

mgentile7

    Member

  • Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Guys, guys I think we are all missing the point. Unlike the AT43 project FFG "is" releasing the items. That is the plus to all this. I can remember waiting years for AT43 stuff to come out and in some cases it never did. The biggest goof was showing and detailing flyers that never made it to production.  Based on what I have seen Dust/FFG have put out a lot in a good amount of time and have introduced flyers already with rules. In this case just a little patience is all we need not like the whole at43 disaster. I was lucky enough to get a hold of about 700 minis when the game crashed but could only imagine the frustration of the original gamers when it first came out and were paying $30-50 USD for a box 1-6 minis. I think things overall are going pretty well. Again just my opinion.



#20 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

    Member

  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Looked at FRP Games today (online retailer) and it does appear that the items that I listed in the begining of this post are the ones that have been released this week. All other items do say June 2012, so hopefully they will be released by the end of the month but I am not holding my breath. probably first week of July. Never know though






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS