• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gitface

Gitface

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hi All

My summoner has a Sheele as a familiar (an essence one) and must say that I am happy with how it is working.

Recently I picked up the limited gift from arcana exxet via Blood of the Dragon and started to look at meta magic to help with being a naff wizard :).  This got me thinking though.  A sheele can cast spells but use your zeon, but they don't have the gift so technically can't cast magic. 

1)  This bring up then do they have magic levels with which to buy metamagic with?

a)  If so is this still based on INT

b) based on the stat which they picked to base spell casting on at creation (INT or POW) 

2)  Can they use my metamagic for their spells?

3)  Can they use the power for going up levels to pick 10 levels of metamagic?

Also while I'm thinking, if the MA of the Sheele is high enough can they cast Innate magic, personally I can't see a reason why this would not be so.

Thanks in advance.

Gitface……………

#2 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Shelee actually have the Gift (even if the character mastering them hasn't). Still, they DON'T have Magic Level (nor do they apply magic level of their master). They just have innate knowledge of their related path. And no, Shelee can't use metamagic, since they don't have Magic Level.

#3 Gitface

Gitface

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

But if they do have the gift then they must have levels of magic as this is a part of being gifted.  From my understanding you can't have one with out the other, it's just that you might not have used your levels of magic.

After all if I summoned a wizard critter it would have to have the gift and there fore it would have to have levels of magic with which to acquire their spells, as with the Maiden of Light and Lord of Darkness.  Also the other Elements, while have natural knowledge of a path still have the gift so they are able to cast their spells.

Gitface…………

#4 Jenks

Jenks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Elric of Melniboné said:

Shelee actually have the Gift (even if the character mastering them hasn't). Still, they DON'T have Magic Level (nor do they apply magic level of their master). They just have innate knowledge of their related path. And no, Shelee can't use metamagic, since they don't have Magic Level.

This. Obviously it's a special case. If you haven't noticed, anima is all about special cases. You take damage from blocking unarmed, unless you have mastery! You can't attack with capes…unless you have the aquarius martial art! That kind of thing. Having the gift lets them accumulate Zeon and view the ebbs of magic. Normally it does give magic levels, but in this instance it does it. So, the gift gives magic levels….unless you are a sheele!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS