• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 megajenius

megajenius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is anywhere one can find deck lists of what the current tournament meta is. For example I read the coverage of  the Days of Ice and Fire 2012 tournament, but the only decklist given was that of the winner.

If there any site which provides the top 8 decklists or similar, of any AGOT LCG events that are run? Or is the tournament scene very casual and so this type of thing isn't really the norm?

#2 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yes, AGoT tournament scene is very casual (especially, if compared to Magic one even among amateur players=). So your best try is to look at cardgamedb.com and/or agotcards.org and/or FFG forums hoping that someone will post report/deck from a tournament.

And I would also point out that tournament winners don't necessarily provide the proper insight into the meta of the game since it seems that a lot of tourneys are group dependant (which you'll notice since it could be that one tourney has no Targ while the other will have 80% Targ in it) and are also quite small (between 15-25 players).

#3 megajenius

megajenius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

Cheers for the reply!

Yea I come from a MtG background but I like to play as many CCGs as I can so I played the AGOT CCG for about 3-4 years before the LCG came to be. I'm only looking at the LCG now, but yea I guess the way I approach most card games at first is to look through decklists, see what's doing well and what to expect! =)

But at the same time, the reason I'm looking to get into the AGOT LCG (apart from the fact that it's great fun) is for a more relaxed card game experience. As much as I love MtG, there aren't enough hours in the day to play it competitively. =)

I guess thing I find strangest is that the article I read mentions "Lannister Kneel" which seems like defined archtype, but with no reference. But there's probably a news article in there somewhere with a decklist for it, just have to search =)

#4 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

megajenius said:

Cheers for the reply!

Yea I come from a MtG background but I like to play as many CCGs as I can so I played the AGOT CCG for about 3-4 years before the LCG came to be. I'm only looking at the LCG now, but yea I guess the way I approach most card games at first is to look through decklists, see what's doing well and what to expect! =)

But at the same time, the reason I'm looking to get into the AGOT LCG (apart from the fact that it's great fun) is for a more relaxed card game experience. As much as I love MtG, there aren't enough hours in the day to play it competitively. =)

I guess thing I find strangest is that the article I read mentions "Lannister Kneel" which seems like defined archtype, but with no reference. But there's probably a news article in there somewhere with a decklist for it, just have to search =)

Quite a few examples here.

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS