Jump to content



Photo

rule questions


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FAAx87

FAAx87

    Member

  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hello!

I picked up Gears of War today and played my first three games. Now several questions came to my mind.

1) can I perform a chainsaw attack if the lancer has no more ammo?

2) How does "active reload" actually work? Can I spend an ammo token to perform an overkill attack and play a second command card or do I have to spend an ammo token to pay only to play a second command card?

Thank you!



#2 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

FAAx87 said:

1) can I perform a chainsaw attack if the lancer has no more ammo?

2) How does "active reload" actually work? Can I spend an ammo token to perform an overkill attack and play a second command card or do I have to spend an ammo token to pay only to play a second command card?

#1: Yes

#2: If you play AR and choose to resolve its text, you can do 1 attack. IF you do an overkill attack (spend ammo), you have the option of resolving a second Order card after AR. You can also just play AR and make a normal attack, but you probably have better cards for that.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#3 FAAx87

FAAx87

    Member

  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Thank you for the quick answer!

Another couple of questions:

1) To pick up ammo or use a location you have to stop, correct? You're not allowed to move one space, discard a card to pick up ammo and move again. Except of Santiago with his special ability.

2) If you roll an omen with the standard pistol or the lancer assault rifle. It counts like you have rolled another hit symbol. These omens are no auto hits/wounds. Correct?

3) There is one card in the encouter deck which forces you to spend one ammo token and then take all weapon markers. I'm not sure how this card is namend in the english version. But the textbox of the german version ist not clear to me. Does it mean I spend one ammo token to get all the weapons or do the weapon markers get removed from play?

Thanks again!



#4 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

FAAx87 said:

1) To pick up ammo or use a location you have to stop, correct? You're not allowed to move one space, discard a card to pick up ammo and move again. Except of Santiago with his special ability.

2) If you roll an omen with the standard pistol or the lancer assault rifle. It counts like you have rolled another hit symbol. These omens are no auto hits/wounds. Correct?

3) There is one card in the encouter deck which forces you to spend one ammo token and then take all weapon markers. I'm not sure how this card is namend in the english version. But the textbox of the german version ist not clear to me. Does it mean I spend one ammo token to get all the weapons or do the weapon markers get removed from play?

#1: Yes. You can take a special action (pick up weapon, use ?, revive) between two pips on an Order card, but can't interrupt a pip.

#2: Yes, they can be blocked via shields. Even the Hammerburst Omen can be blocked by shields. Few others can't.

#3: It means the active COG has to discard 1 ammo from his pool + all the dropped weapon markers on the map are removed. If you're low on ammo, it can be pretty nasty, but usually you have Snub Pistol ammo to throw away for it.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#5 Dimmu

Dimmu

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hi,

Can I use a Bolo Grenade on the areas without the enemies to close the emergence hole or to lure Berserkerka? In FAQ it is said that you can't use attack on the empty area, but Bolo Grenades are a special kind of weapon.



#6 Acidveins

Acidveins

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

 Page 19 in the rulebook: When attacking with a bolo grenade, the attacker targets an area instead of a figure. 

So, yes you can attack an emergence hole with no figures on the space. 



#7 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Speaking of Bolos, having recently replayed GoW 1 & 2, I'm missing the option to plant a Bolo and have it blow up when a Locust walks by.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#8 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

    Member

  • Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

Dam said:

Speaking of Bolos, having recently replayed GoW 1 & 2, I'm missing the option to plant a Bolo and have it blow up when a Locust walks by.

That would make an awesome variant!






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS