• 1,376 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

What would you pay for the following (hypothetically):

4x Core Sets

3x Lords of Winter

2x Kings of the Sea 

2x Kings of the Storm

1x each of the other deluxe boxes.

1-3x of every other CP not including the 2 newest CPs (cant recall how many of each pack was purchased).

Every single card sleeved and in house binders (the cards are sleeved individually, then put into the binder pages).

#2 darknoj

darknoj

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

I would guess that your target area would be 300 to 400 if you could find someone. You could make more if you felt like selling them by box or set but it would be way more work.

On a side note you better not be leaving the game…..

#3 Professor Nomos

Professor Nomos

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

dcdennis said:

What would you pay for the following (hypothetically):

4x Core Sets

3x Lords of Winter

2x Kings of the Sea 

2x Kings of the Storm

1x each of the other deluxe boxes.

1-3x of every other CP not including the 2 newest CPs (cant recall how many of each pack was purchased).

Every single card sleeved and in house binders (the cards are sleeved individually, then put into the binder pages).

Normally, I bargain hunt on ebay, so first reaction is 40-50% of retail.  However the sheer size of the purchase drives down my willingness to purchase in bulk something that a) has lots of extra cards that I will probably never use and b) has a very limited grey market.    which pushes my range down to about 30-40% of retail so thats what about the 300-400 already quoted?

However, if i was still a completely new player who was desperate to get the seasons packs I might shell out 400-500.

#4 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

hehe well if anyone is starting a new meta, ive got a great deal for you :P

#5 pt3

pt3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

I am that new player who IS looking into buying into a large collection.  I have been looking around online for sites that have all of the deluxe expansions and chapter packs and have of course been coming up short since KotStorm and the older chapter packs are scarce.  If you are seriously selling out or have a big collection, and want to let me know the specifics, I am interested in how many of the older chapter packs you have and what you would want on shipping, send me a personal message.  I would be willing to start negotiating in the 3-400 range.  Even though I am new to this forum, I have an excellent eBay record.

#6 Marco87

Marco87

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

I am very interested by old CP like A SOng of Summer and The Winds of Winter. Can you sell them indipendently?

#7 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

I would have to sell the whole set locally. Because of the sheer volume of cards, the weight of them all has got to be pushing 50lbs. Shipping would be well over $100 alone i imagine.

#8 pt3

pt3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Where are you located?  If you are in the midwest, I wouldn't mind driving or doing a meet up to your location.  I would also be fine compensating for shipping if you were parting with the entire collection.

#9 pt3

pt3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

$500 before shipping, if it's 50 pounds, you could ship it for under 100 if you use priority or parcel post.

#10 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

Unfortunately I'm in DC.

#11 pt3

pt3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

It looks like a 50 pound package from DC to where I'm at would be about 30ish parcel post, and 70 for priority.  I can definitely do that, and will even throw in a bit extra for your troubles.  I am much more interested in picking up a complete collection like this than looking around at a million different online vendors for the hard to find expansions.

I'm still very interested if you haven't found someone, if you want to send me a PM or email me at peter.steadman@gmail.com, I would like to work something out.  

#12 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

Sure, let me get official weights of all the binders and get through the DC regional on the 9th then we can discuss further.

#13 pt3

pt3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

Cool, if it's not too much of a hassle, do you think you could include quantities of the chapter packs while you are going through your stuff?

#14 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

i really have no idea other than 'at least 1' of each. the time periods in which they were bought vary greatly and all the cards are now in binders. so there is no real good way to tell which card is from which pack at the moment.

#15 pt3

pt3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Are the kings of the sea and princes of the sun the revised expansions?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS