2 replies to this topic

#1 L0vsC0

L0vsC0

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hi everybody,

I've just arrived to the community.

I'm from Spain (srry for possible mistakes) Now I'm directing an Anima sesion and I have a doubt

How does damage of capricornius and umbra combine?

One of my players has both and he wanted to know if it's possible to plus the damage:

Umbra damage, in this case 55 plus 115 of capricornius (in criticals) then he makes 170 + 20 (ki effects) and real damage he makes is 19.

But I think is better that he makes 115 + 20 in criticals (open roll) and 55 + 20 as real damage.

Can somebody help me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart of all this, a bit of use of english: (correct me plz)

Do you use the word criticals to refer a roll over 90?

And open roll?

Is a direct translation from spanish 

#2 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

I wouldn't allow to combine this both, because: With umbra, he learns to use his shadow, so he can use it to attack and defend himself.

With Capricorn, he learns to use some needles really effectiv etc., but he can't use capricorn to "needle" his enemy with his shadow.

He could use both in the same turn, like it is stated by Umbra, but then, he would make to different attack rolls (one for umbra and one for capricorn), both with a -25 penalty, but both attacks would be dealt with seperatly. and not as one big "umbra-capricorn-combination"-attack.

In the english game, an open roll means, an roll of 90 or higher, so you can roll again. A critical means, you can make some "more damage", with the critical table, so the enemy could get penalties or disabled or destroyed limbs etc.

So long,

#3 L0vsC0

L0vsC0

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Thnks you for all!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS