DT Battle Builder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thejughead

thejughead

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

One of the best ideas that has come out of Dust Warfare is the Battle Builder.  I decide to port it over to Dust tactics.  Thoughts appreciated.

www.dropbox.com/s/izbt7uiw63gqxos/DT_BattleBuilder.pdf

#2 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

Good stuff!

I think the Off Target Shelling is a bit too harsh - maybe instead you have to roll when you activate your unit and if you roll a target then you lose an action, or something along those lines?  Or, it could be that if a unit got damaged one turn, they lose an action on their next one (as if they're "suppressed" like in Dust Warfare.)  With only one action per unit for every unit, the game would be slow and boring I think.

But overall, I love the idea of porting the Battle Builder over to Dust Tactics.

#3 thejughead

thejughead

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

felkor said:

Good stuff!

I think the Off Target Shelling is a bit too harsh - maybe instead you have to roll when you activate your unit and if you roll a target then you lose an action, or something along those lines?  Or, it could be that if a unit got damaged one turn, they lose an action on their next one (as if they're "suppressed" like in Dust Warfare.)  With only one action per unit for every unit, the game would be slow and boring I think.

But overall, I love the idea of porting the Battle Builder over to Dust Tactics.

Felkor,

I thought about that, but I did not want to add dice rolls to the game.  How about I reword it like this:

Off Target Shelling (2 Scenario Points)
Shelling from artillery or aircraft is off target and plasters this area randomly, rendering the battlefield a hell-storm of terrifying explosions. Soldiers are forced to take additional precautions to avoid a fiery death. Units may only take one MOVE action per turn.

What do you think?

#4 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hmm, yeah, I think that could work.

#5 thejughead

thejughead

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Okay, I updated it with that wording.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS