Updated Racial Abilities that correspond with the New Strategy Cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix Ascension

Phoenix Ascension

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

Does this exist? For some of the racial abilities do not apply with the new Strategy cards. For example, The Hacan's do not need to spend a strat counter when executing the secondary ability of Trade 1. But in Trade 2 that doesn't apply and doesn't make sense. How is this properly handled?

On a different note, is there an online list of all the political cards and or action cards for both sets?

Are there plans for another expansion at all?

Thanks in advance,

Phoenix Ascension

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:17 AM

Phoenix Ascension said:

Does this exist? For some of the racial abilities do not apply with the new Strategy cards. For example, The Hacan's do not need to spend a strat counter when executing the secondary ability of Trade 1. But in Trade 2 that doesn't apply and doesn't make sense. How is this properly handled?

The Trade II card actually handles that itself; it grants Hacan immunity to the trade-breaking part, which makes up for the loss of the Trade I secondary-for-free bit.

Phoenix Ascension said:

On a different note, is there an online list of all the political cards and or action cards for both sets?

I can try to find one for you.  Note that the online lists only have the card TITLES, though.  FFG has requested that the complete card texts not be made available online.  I have created a personal spreadsheet that I use for PBeMs, and other players have done the same, however, but no such spreadsheet is available online via FFG's request.

Phoenix Ascension said:

Are there plans for another expansion at all?

None that has been announced.  It's possible one could come someday, but I think it's somewhat unlikely, unfortunately; TI3 and the expansion are pretty "complete" as it is, though it definitely has room for fan-made variants left and right :)

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:23 AM

Have I said how I hate these forums?  I was going to edit, but then remembered that the Edit capabilities are the megasuck.

Anyway, I only mentioned the Hacan/Trade II above.  Here's how the other races would fare:

Xxcha/Diplomacy.  They can use the Primary instead of the secondary, to do what the Primary would do.  If they choose the Annexation option, basically, instead of paying 1 CC and 3 Influence, they are only paying the 1 CC (to activate the secondary-which-becomes-primary).

Jol-Nar/Technology.  They also can use the Primary and the Secondary.  They could just get the free Tech that way, get a free Tech and a 6-resource tech, or get THREE techs by getting a free Tech and an 8-resource Tech via the primary, and a 6-resource tech via the secondary (as long as they can pay for both).

Winnu/Technology.  It doesn't matter what version is used, they can activate the secondary without a CC.

There are a few Action Cards (and I think a couple Political Cards) that aren't really usable with the S.E. expansion strategy cards.  Basically, those that refer to the Political strategy can't be use.  That being said, a few of them (like Determine Policy) can be easily adjusted to work with S.E.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS