Bartali's Dust Tactics Minis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

My first squad done from the revised core set. I say done - looking at the photo I have a few things to tidy up ! I also want to get a couple of things to put on the bases, maybe some sandbags ? Any other ideas ? Next up, I've started working on Hans.

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Man, that base looks slippery!

#3 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Looking good and you'll always notice things you want to touch up when you see the photos. What wash did you use? They look a bit glossy. If you're using the new GW washes (which I did) they come out blindingly glossy. I was distraught when I saw what it did to my figures but if you apply a thin coat of Vallejo's matt medium (70.540) it gives a nice matt finish. That's my recommendation (and it will make that mud look less slippy)

#4 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Nothing wrong with the slippery mud, but the models do look a bit too shiny.

#5 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I think it's probably the photo that's making the minis look shiny - I don't remember them looking that shiny in the flesh (plastic) ! The mud has already had a coat of Vallejo Matt Varnish in that photo to seal the pigment. I'll probably give the whole mini a coat of varnish to protect them though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS