Making your own item cards.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

I was wondering if any of the previews published for the game contained an item card of some kind either as a pdf or as a high dpi bitmap?

Reason I'm asking is that I would like to make my own cards for items that I have created for the campaign I'm running. It helps that I have access to a professional printers suite as well so I can print cards that feel look and feel like the PoD ones. 

I'll be designing new cards over the next week or so and will post them here as well. :)

#2 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I believe you're looking for the Strange Eons plugin and extension: http://www.liberfana...et/Addenda.html

#3 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

I was more interested in the image assets.

Thanks none the less :)

#4 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

The image assets are in there. You can't post cards using FFG's proprietary images anyway - hence one of the reasons why the SE extension was created.

#5 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Doesn't mean that I can't use them privately :P

#6 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

UncleArkie said:

Doesn't mean that I can't use them privately :P

I guess so, if using FFG's artwork is more important to you than sharing them. :P

#7 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm pretty good in InDesign, Illustrator act, whipping up alternative versions won't be a problem :)

#8 malikinam

malikinam

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

i like this forum very much so i choose it for my posting, i love design and i want to share my design some one and i want to friendship with any person who have some designs.

thanks

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

It would be fun to see them!

jh

#10 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm going to be posting some in the rules section over the weekend. I'm trying to get as close to the original look as I can.

#11 Undermound

Undermound

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Just a note regarding a card outlook that is "as close to the original" as possible:

as Herr Arnulfe said earlier, the LF card templates were designed the way they are because FFG's policy was (and probably still is) that such fan-made cards mustn't look like the originals. If your cards resemble the originals too much, you may not be allowed to post them here.

I'm not sure how close to the original you can get before this happens, but I just wanted to remind you of this limitation before you spend hours on making cards.

#12 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

Oh! Don't worry about that, as I said. I'm pretty darn handy in Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign. Replacing the bitmaps with the SE backgrounds won't be a hassle at all and I've done all of my location, action and talent cards as perfect replicas of the published cards. Access to a high end printer helps :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS