Madcap alginment issue.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nonamemerc

nonamemerc

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

We have had an issue with the Madcap card and the Knight. The Knight states it is good and his alignment can't be changed. If the Knight lands on the Madcap and rolls a 5-6) he would change to good. But his alignment can't change does he get the free turn for the 2nd part of the Madcap, "If you change into the same alignment, you may take another turn after this one."?

We ask because using the definition of change it has to be into something different. So you can't change from evil to evil, there for no character, no matter of abilities, can take the extra turn.

I understand the card as "If you would change…" "… take another turn after this one." as how the card should be worded.

Can anyone help us out on this?

#2 Windyhead

Windyhead

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

I think that the Knight may not have extra turn.
His ability is to ignore of any effect that change alignment, there is change in that situation, even if it cange to the good :)

#3 nonamemerc

nonamemerc

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

But how do you change from good to good, evil to evil, so on…

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

This is not a real problem.

If the Knight rolls 1-2 or 3-4 which says that he become evil or neutral, then he don't change into that alignment. You can go further with your turn.

If you roll a 5-6, which says that you become good, then you can decide not to roll the die again.

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

The Knight & Dark Cultist are not affected by the Madcap; they do not need to roll a die if they encounter the Madcap. They receive no benefit from the Madcap, as there alignment cannot be changed!

Ell.

#6 Froman

Froman

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

talismanamsilat said:

The Knight & Dark Cultist are not affected by the Madcap; they do not need to roll a die if they encounter the Madcap. They receive no benefit from the Madcap, as there alignment cannot be changed!

Ell.

I would not have thought of this, but this makes the most sense. I will be using this!

#7 Nioreh

Nioreh

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

We play it as they get an extra turn on 5-6 (Knight) or 1-2 (Dark Cultist).

#8 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Nioreh said:

We play it as they get an extra turn on 5-6 (Knight) or 1-2 (Dark Cultist).

It's not the correct way, but you can of course house rule it like that!

Ell.

#9 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Uh, yes, it is the correct way. The Knight's and Dark Cultist's ability is a replacement effect; so is the effect from gaining a result that would have changed your character to an alignment he already possesses on the Madcap. Since in all instances the original effect is replaced, there would only be an upside or no result from encountering the Madcap for the Knight and Dark Cultist; that doesn't mean they don't roll a dice, like all other characters have to do. It seems very logical and consistent with the rules to me that way, at least.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS