I haven't seen a thread like this yet, so I'll start this one…
I'm wondering what kinds of PCs the community would want to create to play as under the ideal circumstances, as we don't have any rules. I don't even think its feature locked yet… which isn't great for release ETA but may be good for features!
Here are a few ideas for characters I want to play (either off the bat or eventually): Though it may be a little limited so far…
1. 1st Lt. Arnold Pillar. Cadian Shock Troops, Officer. Leader by example, and one mean son-of-a-*****, grizzled veteran. Prefers a carbine length weapon or an hand cannon. Inspired by Captain Ronald Spears from Band of Brothers, specifically the part where he relieves Lt. Dike during the assault on Foy (sp).
2. Pvt. (Haven't thought of a name). Death Korps of Krieg, Guardsman. Rifleman, but not green. Devoted member of the Imperial faith. Zealot. Would rather carry a lasgun or autogun than anything else, unless told otherwise. I don't really have any inspiration here, maybe the violent humor of Hugo Stiglitz from Inglorious Basterds.
3. Sgt. Appleby. Elysians, Sergeant. Grizzled veteran of other conflicts, middle aged and scared. Mean, vulgar, and rude. Prefers his bolt pistol to anything else, follows his officer no matter what. Calm under fire and quick thinking as a product of his service. Inspired by Sgt. Plumbly from We We're Soldiers.
4. Alexiev Essen. Commissar for the Valhallan. Unyielding in duty, but rational and friendly. Educated and philosophical. Maybe that guy who got a little scared in combat doesn't deserve death but a good talking to and some extra KP duty. They guy who refuses to fight or runs outright from combat. He was dead before his weapon hit the ground or the man was out of the trenches. No character inspiration, really.
5. Sgt. (No name yet). Cadian Shock Troops, Sergeant. Loyal, and a believer that the unit is made stronger by brotherhood. He tries to keep up morale of the men, and keep them safe. a protective friendly Sergeant. Inspired by Lt. Carwood Lipton from Band of Brothers.