• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 locarno

locarno

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

need some clarification pls!

as friendly miniatures do not block LOS or act as obstructions, is it legal to shoot enemy units that are currently engaged in Close Combat with a friendly unit?  ie. there is no chance that I will hit my friendly unit?  even if they are between my shooting unit and the enemy unit that they are in Close Combat with?

thx,

Les

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yes, dust has no rules that tie up units while in close combat as long as its in range and LOS it is a valid target. 

#3 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Correct.  I was shocked the first time my opponent dropped a Spray weapon on my unit with his in the midst and it only hit me.  Cool with it and all, but caught me off guard.

#4 enrgie

enrgie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

That's how we play it at the LGS too. It's not like other games where you have an effective "engaged" range (e.g. 40k, fantasy, WM/H et al)

#5 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Speaking of spray weapons I remember demoing Warfare at Gencon 11' and there was a template based spray weapons back then, I wonder why they decided to change it? I'm fine with it too just curious on the reasoning for it.

#6 Azrell

Azrell

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Dakkon426 said:

Yes, dust has no rules that tie up units while in close combat as long as its in range and LOS it is a valid target. 

Although you are only allowed to attack one unit with an attack action that includes C range weapons. You may not spit fire with C range weapons. 

#7 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Dakkon426 said:

Speaking of spray weapons I remember demoing Warfare at Gencon 11' and there was a template based spray weapons back then, I wonder why they decided to change it? I'm fine with it too just curious on the reasoning for it.

I think I would have prefered a spray template as well, but i can only guess they did it that way to make the rules easier with the inclusion of the burst rules.

#8 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

reptilebro1 said:

Dakkon426 said:

I think I would have prefered a spray template as well, but i can only guess they did it that way to make the rules easier with the inclusion of the burst rules.

Templates slow things down when compared to a modifier. It's also one less piece of plastic for them to produce and us to pay for.

#9 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, it seems to me that much of the rules are designed to have the game flow as quickly as possible.  And for that, I'm most thankful.

#10 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Kind of off topic, but if Fireball flamer has 12" range, can that cross multiple units or just one unit

#11 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

reptilebro1 said:

Kind of off topic, but if Fireball flamer has 12" range, can that cross multiple units or just one unit

Just one unit with Dust Warfare (a bit of a change from Dust Tactics.)

#12 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

It was large and clunky in playtest and could be done with out it, so it was…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS