The classic scenario - Dunwich horror

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 margulix

margulix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I thought of making something Lovecraft classic - like the Dunwich horror scenario. So i ordered some miniatures via e-bay, and made scenario using scenario kit from Gamegeeks. I will put the scenario info into Gamegeeks if anyone will be interested here, i'll put a link later in here too ;)

So i wanna share it with you guys :) here is a little preview, sorry for bad photo quality

Map setup for scenario

New investigators are ready to rock!

The game starts! Roland going to Nursery, finding clues, while Tommy wants some snacks from the kitchen.

Whateley makes run for the door. Tommy chases him.

Whateley made it and opened the sealed door! Here comes the Horror! Behold!

Investagators made a stand out against the horror!

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

Can't read Tommy's abilities, but as Keeper, nothing more I'd love than a Sanity 8, Willpower 3 (!!!) investigator. Dude's going to be bonkers by the second Event.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 margulix

margulix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

He's got luck 5 for that choice card - so he can manage in some hard situation, but yeah, he became mad in that game quite fast)

Abilities he had in this game -  the shotgun Becky and that once he can avoid any effects of a single attack from monster.

I did not want to make overpowered investigators so the all had weaknesses and strengths. I thought that Tommy as a rookie cop can be the Lucky guy with high luck and 4 skill points - but weak in other characteristics.

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

I can see his high Luck being nice, but with all his other stats so low, those 4 Skill Points are gone in a blink of an eye unless you want to fail almost every check.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 margulix

margulix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

yeah maybe your right - i should rebalance some investigators like add to Tommy ability to gain skill points. like

whenever you find equipment or weapon card during exploration you may gain 1 skill point

#6 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

There is a tendency for investigator statistics.

I did a research recently, while was preparing my RPG vatiant for MoM and here's some info from it for you:

Lowest physical stats are belong to Harvey, 11 combined physical stats with Shrieveling spell and 14 with Totem. And, opposed to that he has  highest mental stats in the game 22 and 23 stat points(I don't include luck into mental, it's separate).

Lowest mental stats are belong to *fanfare* Michael. Both his mental stat cards feature 14 stat points, while his physical stats are not the best in the game. He has 18 physical stats with Tommy Gun and 22 with Dinamyte. Strongest investigator of the game is Pete. Wonder, why? Because he don't has a gun, his choice is Guitar(22 phys stat points) and Duke(19 phys stat points). 

Cards with stronger items carry lesser stats with em. But if investigator is extremely weak in physical aspect - he is always strong in mental in vice versa.

Just for your consideration.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#7 margulix

margulix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

wow thats helpful! Thank you very much, i'll rebalance them totally!

#8 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

Wow though, the quality on those proxies is great! I also like very much how the painted miniatures lend so much more depth to the game visually.

#9 margulix

margulix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

At last they approved my file at gamegeeks -  so feel free to test this scenario. 

Sorry for bad english( 

Maybe this scenario not so perfect and has some minor mistakes - feel free to report them, i'll fix them. For example the first event should have 4 time counters instead of 3 (because investigators won't make in time for the fist clue with 3 turns)

boardgamegeek.com/filepage/79177/mom-custom-scenario-dunwich-horror

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS