• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hello Forums

This is a follow up of this mini adventure and we have room for one more player, if you don't know how to use maptools we can teach you, don't worry it's really easy, especially playing my way.

The player looking to join must complete the following by Thursday the 31st May.

1. Joined the WFRP3 Virtual RPG google group 

2. Replied to me here saying your coming

3. Created an obsidian portal account and favourited this campaign (This will allow me to invite you to the campaign easier)

4. Created your character on Obsidian Portal (don't worry it's rather self explanatory. Also leave a good description of him/her so I can draw a picture of them like in my other campaigns) and have emailed me personally your characters details.

Now and explanation of what this is.  Ceodryn and myself (along with one or two other people) have been brainstorming the idea of a campaign of mini/one shot adventures, multiple GM's with drop in drop out yet still persistent characters.  We will be tracking these characters and the GM's adventures on Obsidian Portal and those who run and play in the campaign will be doing the tracking, we will fill you in on the details and the story once we have everything officially off it's feet.

There are a couple reasons why we are doing this,

1. Mini adventures don't lock players into full time campaigns. I would personally love to play more games but don't have the time to commit to a full campaign, one shots however I can do

2. One shots are great but the disadvantage of these is that once there done your character is pretty much done. If your character is persistent you can play him across adventures and across GM's, as his/her details will be stored and tracked on Obsidian Portal.

3. Once shots allow a GM to do whatever they want. Ever wanted to go to Lustria but could never find a feasible reason to get them over
there? I know I have and now I can.

4. It will promote online gaming further and encourage new or isolated players to make the leap and learn to play with FG2 or maptools

5. It is fun.

Plus there are many other reasons, all of them good.

So, in regards to time. I am in Sydney Australia and Saturday 2nd June, 9am GMT/UTC +10 is equal to America's east coast Friday 1st of June, 7pm GMT/UTC-4.  If you can't work it out from my time, work it out from there.

Be sure to read the log on the link provided to familiarise the situation in the adventure so far, this session will wrap it up.   Hope to see you there and expect more of these in the future.

WFRP3 Online game forum - http://ffgvirtualrpg.prediger.at/

#2 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

For those wanting to create characters sheet on Obsidian, I made the following template that you can download and use to enter your character. You basically download the .txt file, enter your information in the relevant fields, then copy/paste everything in the character creation page of Obsidian. Obsidian code (all the bars you'll see when you open the text file) will then create tables, which makes it much easier to organize the info of your character sheet.

It works pretty well. I used it with my own character, Gaston the Dilettante, which you can access once you join the campaign.

Once we launch the Olde World League in full, we will create a thread on the Google Group with all the info you need to track your characters advancements accross the mini-adventures and different GMs. The maptool mini-adventure is a great intro, so come and join us. It'll be followed by an FG2 mini-adventure in a couple weeks.

Cheers
Philippe/Ceodryn

#3 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Fenderstat said:

This is a follow up of this mini adventure and we have room for one more player, if you don't know how to use maptools we can teach you, don't worry it's really easy, especially playing my way.

Strange the link didn't work.  Here it is here.

#4 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

curses foiled by nature, rescheduling for later.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS