Dust Warfare Core Rulebook sold out

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Just noticed that the Dust Warfare book is sold out on the FFG page, and also sold out on the online retailer that I use as well.

Good to see this game is doing so well!

#2 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

Like I am loving this game and its only going to get more interesting with the Russians entering the battlefield soon. I have already worked on my Take-all-commers list so I can handle Air units as well.

#3 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

Well payed Felkor, well played. 

#4 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

It really does seem to sell very well. The online retailer I mostly deal with for dust sells stuff out constantly. Look one day and there's 6 in stock, next day sold out, etc. And the numbers listed for items that are pre-order items (or the number that they say they will get upon release) are usually 40 or 50 each or more and you usually don't order that much of each box unless you plan to sell them all. The good thing about it (and I applaud FFG for this) is that, at least with the retailer I deal with, the sold out items get restocked pretty quickly. 

I plan to demo the game at a local game shop that doesn't currently stock it and see if some buzz can kick up for it here. The bonus to doing it now is that it's almost June, and long time gamers know what that means… another price increase at Games Workshop…. another 20 per cent rise on many items for… well, no reason at all other than unabashed corporate greed and feeding on the naive view by some gamers (that have only ever seen a wargame in a Games Workshop store in their local mall) that warhammer is the only wargame in existence. Hopefully the demo goes well, the store decides to stock it, it becomes more popular and starts taking some serious market share away from the bullies. It can only help wargaming in general to have competition that forces all game makers to treat their customers fairly.

Selling out of things is a good sign. If things continually sell out then the game will succeed, FFG will make money, and hopefully continue to support the game with new releases so they can keep making money and we can get a game that evolves for years to come.

#5 Galadhir

Galadhir

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

I would love to get another boxed set for axis and allies , both original core set and revised were a great value for money, and looking at SSU the price is no longer as atractive if you want to start that faction… unless they will release starter set.

I found that prices on ebay uk went up across the board and thinking that low price tag could be a bait.

Queen- Another one bites the Dust

Nice to see Warfare is selling well.

#6 Cannor

Cannor

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Yesterday I went into a local LGS (I'm sure Londoners know it - the one opposite the London Eye) to get my DW rulebook and the shopkeep mentioned that the game is "starting to stir". He also said he'll order at least 6 copies of the DT core set (which was out of stock) for next week's delivery. We then had a quick chat about what might come up in future expansions.

Also, the Zverograd book is coming soon (I reckon no later than July, which would be three months after the rulebook's release), plus whatever FFG announces at Gencon. If FFG keeps up supply, the demand will be there.

The future looks good. :)

#7 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Im with connor on this - as a UK based gamer, the real sign of changing times and popularity is the local shop running out of stock to go ahead and commit to ordering many more copies.

Im glad its going well. Certianly ive convered 8 players so far on the strength of whiskey and a free games table at my flat. They all seem alarmed at how clear the game is and how pre-measuring stops arguments.

#8 Nivanti

Nivanti

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

The UK Club I run in Norfolk has 10 players, when we went to Salute you couldint hardly get anything, sold out!!

Excellent its doing well, we are huge fans of the game and I can se us running a tournament!

#9 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

big up to the UK massive, Nivanti.

If you are interested, ive converted all of my allies into uk "tin hat" models. I can send you a link for the helmets.

#10 Nivanti

Nivanti

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

caecitas said:

If you are interested, ive converted all of my allies into uk "tin hat" models. I can send you a link for the helmets.

Big up indeed !!! UK Dust Crew

Please do mate and with your permission i'll post on my club message board for the others to use, we are going to start a Dust Tactics in house league in September with an all day game of Warfare being planned around the same time.

With our 10 players we could easily put on a tournament for about 25 players, we got the boards, we got the scenery.

Build it and they will come, would you ??

Operation Iceni ( Norwich, Norfolk, UK )

#11 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

canterbury gamer here. Welcome down my end for a pint.

http://www.westwindp...p?cPath=130_181 - all your british head needs.

#12 Nivanti

Nivanti

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Sweeet !

Cheers mate for that and yeah excellent, here is hoping there is a big Dust event held in the UK so we can all meet up and have some games and bevs.

Ill certainly let you know if we decide to host such an event.

#13 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

please do amigo. Im always game, even if its just sharing battle reports

#14 Nivanti

Nivanti

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

Deal, done, spat and hand shaken !!!

#15 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

a pleasure. Best of luck Amigo. Ive sent  a friend request via the forums.A pleausre, sir

#16 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

caecitas said:

That's another thing I love about the Dust minis the heads are all pegged on so you can remove them or reposition them as you wish!

#17 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

takes a little shaving with normal allied infantary sadly denied, but its doable. A solid grip and a good dexterity bonus solves that problem. Do be warned about that.

#18 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Denied said:

caecitas said:

That's another thing I love about the Dust minis the heads are all pegged on so you can remove them or reposition them as you wish!

And just gives me a basing idea for my Kampfaffen! 

#19 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Denied said:

caecitas said:

Especially good since I believe the one heavy command squad comes with a miniature with its head on backwards. :-)

#20 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

felkor said:

Denied said:

Especially good since I believe the one heavy command squad comes with a miniature with its head on backwards. :-)

Um…  must have been yours.  Mine are all on straight…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS