Here's what I dont get at the moment

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

We are seeing on these forums a small group of people who are lashing out for what ever reason at Dust Warfare. Some of them post long winded structured responses about why they don't like it when their entire statement could be summed up with "It is not a WWII accurate game"  for which I say of course not it's about as WWII as Inglorious Bastards was. It's a sci fi story set in an alternate WWII setting, IE not supposed to be realistic. Then there are a few who complain Dust Warfare is different from Dust Tactics and they don't like it for that reason…. now that argument I REALLY don't get because it is a DIFFERENT game just set in the same universe with the same miniatures. It's not like FFG stopped production on Dust Tactics these are two different games being developed along side one another if you don't like how Warfare works or the the rules then play Tactics. There is no reason these two games cant exist together. I play Warhammer 40K this doesn't mean I think it should be the only Warhammer game there is and Fantasy should be discontinued.

Like the end of this is it is fairly evident there is a large community that enjoy this game for many reasons. The marketing numbers prove that alone, so why don't the haters please buzz off. Also I recently learned that a few of those out spoken negative minded people may or may not be EX FFG employees and their family members. If that's the case I think all of their constant complaints are because they think they can derail a very good game and some how get revenge on their ex employers.

Now I prepare for the flaming and support the internet is known for because if I have learned anything its that any Jackoff with an internet connection and a laptop can be an "Expert" about stuff and tell you why your wrong.

#2 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

While it used to just be discussion of issues confined to a single thread, I'm now noticing some people trolling as well as hijacking other threads.  All I can suggest is to not feed the trolls.  Don't respond to people making nasty idiotic statements, especially when they are out-of-context in a thread that has nothing to do with what they're talking about.

Starve the trolls and they will hopefully die.

#3 Hatamoto

Hatamoto

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Denied said:

We are seeing on these forums a small group of people who are lashing out for what ever reason at Dust Warfare. Some of them post long winded structured responses about why they don't like it when their entire statement could be summed up with "It is not a WWII accurate game"  for which I say of course not it's about as WWII as Inglorious Bastards was. It's a sci fi story set in an alternate WWII setting, IE not supposed to be realistic. Then there are a few who complain Dust Warfare is different from Dust Tactics and they don't like it for that reason…. now that argument I REALLY don't get because it is a DIFFERENT game just set in the same universe with the same miniatures. It's not like FFG stopped production on Dust Tactics these are two different games being developed along side one another if you don't like how Warfare works or the the rules then play Tactics. There is no reason these two games cant exist together. I play Warhammer 40K this doesn't mean I think it should be the only Warhammer game there is and Fantasy should be discontinued.

Like the end of this is it is fairly evident there is a large community that enjoy this game for many reasons. The marketing numbers prove that alone, so why don't the haters please buzz off. Also I recently learned that a few of those out spoken negative minded people may or may not be EX FFG employees and their family members. If that's the case I think all of their constant complaints are because they think they can derail a very good game and some how get revenge on their ex employers.

Now I prepare for the flaming and support the internet is known for because if I have learned anything its that any Jackoff with an internet connection and a laptop can be an "Expert" about stuff and tell you why your wrong.

And some are uncertain if they really like the game and take offense whenever something negative is posted about it. Since the only function i can see this post has is to actually recieve a flaming and to pick an immature pro-con discussion i wont flame you for it. You enjoy the game (you say you like) and dont bother with the improvement suggestions (the stuff you call lashing out). Most of the things you mention have already been handled in the thread "warfare issues", so i really dont think we need to start another.

#4 Galadhir

Galadhir

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

I think this forum needs a moderator, and a better structure… and people who make new threads that actualy are to discuss about something rather than complaining about one or another thing.

#5 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Did the internet just come to your village?

Have you never been on a forum before?

Seriously though… this is what internet forums are… a few threads on the game and rules questions and useful things like that and then a thread with 18 pages where people yell at each other for having opinions they don't like. There is a reason why I don't partake in that other thread here that should have been locked pages ago. How many times can people say the same exact thing, which coincidentally is what will probably happen in this thread now too…. Yah, now we have two threads where people insult each other and call each other trolls for 25 pages… Yippee!

Thankfully there are a lot of threads that are here that are very good, useful and helpful.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if the opinion is to say they don't like something, but this crap doesn't need 20 pages to keep going with the same crap.

Rant over… Peace out beehotches!

#6 KiltedWolf

KiltedWolf

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Denied said:

Wow Denied, calling the kettle black? Not saying you're wrong, but that statement cuts both ways don't you think?

Aren't forums for the free exchange of information, or are forums such as this one only for singing praises? How boring that would be… Try not to take personal offense when someone calls your baby ugly. Instead, either see an opportunity to change their opinion through a well thought-out debate, or ignore the thread; you don't need to respond or even read it.

Be that as it may, you yourself create a thread ripe for "trolling" (which seems to be bandied about on this forum to include anyone not accepting of the party line); a rant thread if you will, that offers nothing constructive… The point being this is different from…

So here is my conundrum: I am a fan of DT, and have recently played a game of DW. I found it… meh. It is not broken -- the mechanics work, but I do have questions/issues with some aspects (e.g., armor save rolls). Do I post a thread for discussion in an attempt to understand more clearly, and at the same time provide passive feedback to FFG for future errata? Do I keep these questions to myself so I don't rock this boat and get labeled a "troll?" Please advise?

Cheers!

#7 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

KiltedWolf please reference the post made by Gimp and Algesan titled "Warfare Issues" and "Too Funny"

I personally have no issues with people who have played the game and have problems with it (something Gimp didn't do). I have a problem with people who come onto a forum and just complain about it without actually trying it out. On the flip side if you HAVE played it still don't enjoy it and have a reason for it, that's cool and its your opinion we can agree to disagree on certain issues and maybe even debate them.

I am bothered by close minded people who come into a forum where people are talking about a game they enjoy and start trash talking it with no reason other then they don't like it because its not realistic enough (and they haven't played the damn game!!!).

If you didn't enjoy the game and you want to talk about why then lets talk. I just don't want to deal with people flaming a product because they prefer the other version of it. You know what if you enjoy the other version then that's cool go and enjoy it I prefer this one though and I don't enjoy people telling me its dumb to enjoy a game or putting down my hobbies.

#8 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

KiltedWolf said:

So here is my conundrum: I am a fan of DT, and have recently played a game of DW. I found it… meh. It is not broken -- the mechanics work, but I do have questions/issues with some aspects (e.g., armor save rolls). Do I post a thread for discussion in an attempt to understand more clearly, and at the same time provide passive feedback to FFG for future errata? Do I keep these questions to myself so I don't rock this boat and get labeled a "troll?" Please advise?

Discussion is good and disagreement is good, as long as it's constructive. What  people have been posting as criticism has mostly been opinion and attacks. Calling everyone who disagrees with your opinion a know-nothing is not productive or helpful and it doesn't leave any room for a friendly response.

Both sides of other threads have been immature, to put it politely, in tone and content. This does nothing to help anyone or solve any issues. I hope that the childish back and forth will die down and we can get some polite, constructive discussions going of issues and questions people have. Luckily there are a few threads doing this already.

Ask questions, rock the boat, just do it in a reasonable and polite way and not attack, attack, attack! 

#9 Hatamoto

Hatamoto

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Denied said:

KiltedWolf please reference the post made by Gimp and Algesan titled "Warfare Issues" and "Too Funny"

I personally have no issues with people who have played the game and have problems with it (something Gimp didn't do). I have a problem with people who come onto a forum and just complain about it without actually trying it out. On the flip side if you HAVE played it still don't enjoy it and have a reason for it, that's cool and its your opinion we can agree to disagree on certain issues and maybe even debate them.

I am bothered by close minded people who come into a forum where people are talking about a game they enjoy and start trash talking it with no reason other then they don't like it because its not realistic enough (and they haven't played the damn game!!!).

If you didn't enjoy the game and you want to talk about why then lets talk. I just don't want to deal with people flaming a product because they prefer the other version of it. You know what if you enjoy the other version then that's cool go and enjoy it I prefer this one though and I don't enjoy people telling me its dumb to enjoy a game or putting down my hobbies.

Denied said:

admit you enjoy playing dust forumfare more than the actual game.. funny thing is people who like the game are more often the ones telling people who dont dumb. Liking the game apparently makes you more aggressive and prone to incoherent ramblings stating how good everything is. Exaggerating criticism by calling it trash talking is a bit daft as well. What makes you think criticism towards the game is unfounded? Im pretty sure its not anyones hobby, we all wanted the game to be good. Even though i have played the game there are things in the rule book you can spot without playing the game (no i dont mean spelling mistakes and print errors). It all depends on what expectations you had on the developers, and i must say … a pretty ugly move by FFG letting us believe Andy Chambers would be the main man behind the rules, only to rewrite it into something completely different to cater for the 40k crowd (i presume).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS