Flame-Luther/Wotan question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hey. Does anyone know if the new medium walkers will be 'compatible' with older models? What I mean if the new weapons would fit into previous walkers.

thanks

daniello_s

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I doubt if anybody would know for certain as they are not available yet to try, but I reckon they will be.

#3 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I would suspect that the new weapons will fit into the old hard points and vice versa. But the new walkers have a new armor 5 body and legs so its not just new weapons you're getting for the medium walkers in the kit.

#4 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yes, I suppose you could use an extra Luther body to mount the weapons of the Wotan or Flamm-Luther, but it wouldn't have the right bulk.

That's a bit of a pity. I'm glad that the Rattler/Cobra use the standard Mickey body, and the box probably comes with two individual heads, since they look different from each other. That means I can buy just one box and have both models available by using my leftover Mickey main body. An axis player will need to buy two boxes in order to field both models at the same time. Unless he's okay with it not having the right cockpit…

#5 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Loophole Master said:

Yes, I suppose you could use an extra Luther body to mount the weapons of the Wotan or Flamm-Luther, but it wouldn't have the right bulk.

That's a bit of a pity. I'm glad that the Rattler/Cobra use the standard Mickey body, and the box probably comes with two individual heads, since they look different from each other. That means I can buy just one box and have both models available by using my leftover Mickey main body. An axis player will need to buy two boxes in order to field both models at the same time. Unless he's okay with it not having the right cockpit…

I actually think it's good thatthey are changing the bodies, it's getting a bit boring having the same mechs all the time with different weaopons.

#6 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Oh yeah, I certainly agree that it's good that they are changing bodies. I would actually have preferred if the new allied walkers were bulkier, tougher units for a change. But on the other hand it's nice to find a use for my extra Mickey body.

#7 Jowimus

Jowimus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

The only disappointment I've got with the new axis box is that it won't come with more variants

#8 Gothik

Gothik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

Loophole Master said:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS