Jump to content



Photo

I'm sad


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

    Member

  • Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

Last year I finally realised I had to sell my copy of TI3 + SE…why? Because my gaming group is not big enough and mostly care about wooden animals.  At first I was freaking upset and then understood that not everyone will love huge games like TI3.

Now i'm at the sad step in my mourning…and it's difficult to resist not buying another copy just to have it in my collection.

It sucks having small gaming groups that don't like ameritrash games.  I'm the kind of player that will try any kind of games, be it with fantasy plastic armies or wooden disks and sheeps.  But I still know what I prefer and will try to push some of my type of games from time to time.

I tried finding groups around here but nothing yet…looks like it's a select and secret underground organization that don't care about new members.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know how I feel on this rainy day…and for those of you that have the chance to have 5-6 regular players, enjoy it for me!



#2 VirusSixZero

VirusSixZero

    Member

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

If you have a university or college near you, that's a great place to advertise that you're looking for board gamers. Every semester there's a fresh batch of potential contacts. Some will have established clubs for board gaming. TI3 is pretty specific, but if you advertise that you're looking for wargamers or long-game strategy gamers, then you might find people who are at least open to playing TI3 because it has elements of games they already play.



#3 Sacred Voice

Sacred Voice

    Member

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'm sad too but for the opposite reason. Even though I can get the players together to play this (and they're all very eager, almost desperate, to play) then I cannot find a copy of this in the UK for general retail for neither love nor money and no one I know owns a copy.

*sigh* Just sharing my woes.



#4 Lilikin

Lilikin

    Member

  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

Sacred Voice said:

I'm sad too but for the opposite reason. Even though I can get the players together to play this (and they're all very eager, almost desperate, to play) then I cannot find a copy of this in the UK for general retail for neither love nor money and no one I know owns a copy.

*sigh* Just sharing my woes.

 

I just got it in the UK had to drop about 200 notes but it's done

 

Where abouts do you live?


Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#5 jboweruk

jboweruk

    Member

  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Lilikin said:

Sacred Voice said:

 

I'm sad too but for the opposite reason. Even though I can get the players together to play this (and they're all very eager, almost desperate, to play) then I cannot find a copy of this in the UK for general retail for neither love nor money and no one I know owns a copy.

*sigh* Just sharing my woes.

 

 

 

I just got it in the UK had to drop about 200 notes but it's done

 

Where abouts do you live?

 

Why so much? The game itself should only cost you around 60 quid, tops. The addons are like 35 or 40 each. When you can get them of course. Two hundred; not for just the base game surely?



#6 Lilikin

Lilikin

    Member

  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

jboweruk said:

Lilikin said:

 

Sacred Voice said:

 

I'm sad too but for the opposite reason. Even though I can get the players together to play this (and they're all very eager, almost desperate, to play) then I cannot find a copy of this in the UK for general retail for neither love nor money and no one I know owns a copy.

*sigh* Just sharing my woes.

 

 

 

I just got it in the UK had to drop about 200 notes but it's done

 

Where abouts do you live?

 

 

 

Why so much? The game itself should only cost you around 60 quid, tops. The addons are like 35 or 40 each. When you can get them of course. Two hundred; not for just the base game surely?

 

The main game I got for £80  and add on 2 was £40 with Add on 1 at an epic £60

 

so £180 all in 200 was a bit OTT but hey I'm a drama queen!


Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#7 Sacred Voice

Sacred Voice

    Member

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Lilikin said:

Why so much? The game itself should only cost you around 60 quid, tops. The addons are like 35 or 40 each. When you can get them of course. Two hundred; not for just the base game surely?

 

 

 

The main game I got for £80  and add on 2 was £40 with Add on 1 at an epic £60

 

so £180 all in 200 was a bit OTT but hey I'm a drama queen!

Yeh I can't be chucking out £200 unfortunately, I remember I saw a copy of just the base game going for like £120 and was like "… I'll wait for the reprint"

The second expansion is indeed still around ~40 as it is in general stock in the UK but the other two are a nightmare to find! I'm actually debating buying the second expansion just so it doesn't go out of stock and I end up waiting another year for a reprint.

I'm in Cheltenham.



#8 jboweruk

jboweruk

    Member

  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Boy I must have been one lucky sonofagun, cos my base cost me 67.28 with postage throuh ebay, same company I got Shards of the throne for 41, and from another company Shattered Empires cost me 45 quid. So total that was what… 153 for the lot.  Still ruddy worth it though if imho a little pricey for a board game.



#9 IronRavenstorm

IronRavenstorm

    Member

  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

I know for one that my gaming group is always low on numbers when we want to play this game.  Three players is fine and all, but I really love playing it with the max number of players.  We make a day of it and have a blast stabbing each other in the back.  :) 

So, I have often thought about posting something at the local colleges for players.  My only fear is that they turn out not working well with the group we already have.  I rather have quality then quantity.



#10 Steve-O

Steve-O

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

IronRavenstorm said:

So, I have often thought about posting something at the local colleges for players.  My only fear is that they turn out not working well with the group we already have.  I rather have quality then quantity.

That's always a concern when meeting new people for any reason, but you'll never find out the answer unless you try.

Rather than posting something looking for TI3 players, I would suggest something a bit more casual for starters.  Just ask for fellow board gamers, and arrange to meet any respondees with a selection of smaller, quicker card/board games.  Spend an evening playing with these people (you and however many of your standard crew can make it) and then walk away and decide if you want to pursue any of them to join your group.  Don't get into the 8 hour games until you know the people you've found are a good fit. =P

 



#11 Neffer

Neffer

    Member

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

 Wow! £38 here on ebay inc P&P. Traveling man in manchester have a goo selection. they have the 2nd exspansion but not the 1st though =(, cant find it any where =(






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS