Photo

How about a miniatures or board game similar to "Twisted Metal"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sartredes

Sartredes

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

I was thinking that a miniatures game or board game based on something like the Twisted Metal franchise would be cool.

The vehicles could have some base stats: movement, armor (damage mitigation), agility (base to-hit value), and some basic weapons attached to the vehicle. Weapons having range/damage type/damage value/ammo type .  Certain vehicles may have a vulnerability to a particular damage type.

The vehicle miniatures could be modular to allow for adding up to a set number of upgrades at a cost of reducing movement and/or mitigation and/or agility.

Just a thought for something different.

#2 Osaka

Osaka

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:30 AM

I'd also love to see a rendition of "Car Wars" that is more accessable to the casual boardgamer...  I have fond memories of designing my cars and seeing them hollowed out by my brother's linked mini-rocket pods :-)

I thought that Steve Jackson's updated and simplified Car Wars was promising, and was dissapointed when the line was dropped.  I felt that their approach to selling the game was completely wrong (selling two cars with the rules to play is fine, but selling a second set with two different cars and the rules to play...  well...) and I thought it could've been dealt with much better.

Building a Car Wars style game (perhaps as a circuit race similar to Formula De, but with guns) as a fast paced boardgame would be a wonder to behold.  Personally I love the weapon mechanics for games like Doom and Descent, and I think it would adapt well here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS