Can normal WWII tanks be used in Dust?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Salcor

Salcor

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I have been hearing a lot about Dust Warfare here recently.  I love the models, especially the walkers.  But I was wondering, can traditional WWII vehicles like the Panther, Tiger, Sherman, and T-34 be used in Dust Warfare?

Salcor

The meek shall truly inherit the Earth

because that is where they will be buried

#2 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

They are in the comics and histories both but no they are not in the rules.

#3 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yes, but you would need to make up your own stats and rules. http://twc-dust-tactics.blogspot.com/ has unit stats that would work as a good starting point.

#4 Harliquine

Harliquine

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Those vehicles would make excellent theme battles. Tourney legal no but then again this game is a few FAQ/Erratas short of being ready for events that strict. I'd say don't worry about it and have some fun with them. 

#5 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

I would personally love to use conventional, non-VK vehicles. Of all the walkers available (short of the Ghost In The Shell multi-ped monsters - tell me that the Punisher isn't one aft-turret shy!), the most universally effective is the Mickey, because its main gun has HE shells. The Pounder and Ludwig stock only AP (a game feature that surprised and impressed me; someone was paying attention!). Imagine if you had a Chaffee running around, with a gun that had a 36" range, anti-vehicle attacks slightly less than a Pounder's, and anti-infantry capability, too (something on line with the stubby 75mm on the Mickey). That would be pretty useful.

#6 adlerhobby

adlerhobby

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

We have already started using these card for just that very thing

http://twc-dust-tactics.blogspot.com/p/dust-cards.html

#7 Keerplunk

Keerplunk

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Love the work you did on the cards but there are some inconsistencies with some of the armor and and lot with the German guns.

#8 Kommissar Zeitsev

Kommissar Zeitsev

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

New England AT-43! (Alternate Timeline 1943) said:

We have already started using these card for just that very thing

http://twc-dust-tactics.blogspot.com/p/dust-cards.html

Very cool and useful collection of cards.

I have a couple of questions:

I purchased both the "Red Cossack" and "Fury of Ivan" and they came with experimental unit cards that differ from the ones you have posted.

My Fury of Ivan card has no silver circle in the bottom right with a number in it like your card.  What does this number represent?

My card does not show any tally boxes for the 152mm ML-20s and your card has six boxes.  Are these for ammo or something?

I plan to field some KV-152is in some friendly games to playtest them and will try them at the suggested 48pts., but I wanted to know what the missing things are and if I should add them to my cards to faclitate gameplay.

Any input appreciated.

#9 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

You have the newer KV 152 cards. Dust Models no longer puts points on the cards as they are considered unofficial. The old points are a good starting point but may need to go up alittle as the boxes that are on the old card were for limited ammo which the KV 152 dosnt have anymore. The KV 152 is definantly a monster though.

#10 Kommissar Zeitsev

Kommissar Zeitsev

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Maybe I'll round them up to 50pts. then for staters and play a few games with them.

Looks like my order of SSU goodness is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, so hopefully my first game will soon follow…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS