• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grumbleback

Grumbleback

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Greetings,

I have done some searching but have had no luck. I recently purchased TI3 and SE. After going through the SE contents I noticed I lacked anything markers for Universities of Jol-Nar. I received two duplicate "sheets" of Fed of Sol in the original game. I have contacted FFG and received an email or receiving replacements.

My question is. Am I missing anything mission critical (outside of being able to play Jol-Nar) to play a 6-8 match? Thanks for any advice/help

regards,

Grumbleback

#2 VirusSixZero

VirusSixZero

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

The real question is, what else is on the cardboard that contains the Jol-Nar markers?

You could always just use pennies for Jol-Nar markers (heads for SC/CC and tails for Fleet Supply). Replace their flag (control) markers with something else (buttons, glass beads, etc.) If you're missing their home system you're kinda stuffed until you get that or replace an empty space tile and get the stats from online.

Other than that, you're probably only down a few Trade Good tokens and those +1 Fighter/GF tokens.

It's probably best to just wait on Jol-Nar, and not use them. I'm sure the rulebook or somewhere online has the exact count of the TG markers and any other pieces you may be missing. The TG count is pretty important, it's a common strategy for the Hacan to collect ALL the TG. You can't just add more as you need them, unlike the fighter/GF counters which ARE infinite and sometimes end up being pennies in huge games. SE may have added more TG to offset your missing ones, but the ones for SE were intended to be used for a higher player count anyway.

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Grumbleback said:

My question is. Am I missing anything mission critical (outside of being able to play Jol-Nar) to play a 6-8 match? Thanks for any advice/help

Well, if memory serves, each sprue in the base game has three system tiles on it, plus whatever could be squeezed in around the outside.  Hopefully the sprue that has the Jol-Nar tokens on it is also the sprue that has their Home System, which means you're really only down two useable system tiles.

There are more enough other races that you can just leave aside the Jol-Nar for now.  You may want to check that you're not missing the Home System for any other race, though.

If the missing sprue happened to be one with Strategy Cards, that might be a bit more of a pickle.  Although the Shattered Empire expansion came with a full set of replacement SCs, so even if you are missing some of the originals you can use those ones instead (they're better anyway. =P)  The Speaker token can easily be replaced by just about anything for the time being, if that happens to be missing.

Beyond that, you are at worst down a few trade goods. You should be good to go for a game with any number of players.

#4 Grumbleback

Grumbleback

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

Thank you for the responses. After sorting through the TI3 box I also noticed I am missing the other worm whole systems. Not a huge loss considering it will be replaced in due time.

Thanks again for opinions and advice!

Grumbleback

#5 asmeus

asmeus

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

My base game came with double Naalu tiles.

I was worried at start, but the figured, that it hadn't replaced anything, just additional.

Although someone else might be missing that Naalu sheet. :S

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS